He said "NO"?!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

He said "NO"?!

Post by Cal_Gary »

I'd mentioned earlier that my bosses asked that I bring my M37 up for Retiree Appreciation Day this month. I left the RAD POC voicemails starting two weeks ago about the static display, and finally got one back yesterday from the POC who said "We don't have a space available for your truck-perhaps in 2011...." Well kiss my "agostinos" -I was actually shocked, then thought "I bet he had space two weeks ago (when I left my first voicemail)".

My bosses are sure to be upset with the guy (who contacted our Organization for support for this event)-perhaps I should arrive anyway and "clear some space" on top of his K-ration car.... :(

Oh well (and he can STICK 2011 or any other years....)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Re: He said "NO"?!

Post by rixm37 »

OOOHHHH Man, Gary I am sorry to hear this. Those people are out there and it hurts when you get treated like Sh@t by one of them !!!! :(
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Bushi
PVT
PVT

Post by Bushi »

Park it as far away as you can but still close enough that people can see that the vehicle is there. Put on some military music — maybe have some donuts — big US flag flying. Watch as people drift over from their event and join yours. Steal their thunder.
Oddjob
SGT
SGT

Post by Oddjob »

What a load of horse s**t... They can't make a little more room give me a break... Don't let this taint your willingness to get your vehicle out there so people can see it in the future... It takes a lot of prep time to get vehicles ready... Sad to see someone get snubbed like that...
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Saddest of all is that this is a MILITARY RETIREE APPRECIATION DAY! I was just trying to help.
Thanks Guys,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Take the truck and just show up. When they say hey didn't you hear we have no room say sorry no no sorry in a spanish accent and then just go and join the fun. Actually if you show up you'll be the hit of the event and it will be like it was planned on their part.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Post by hbb »

Gary
Just show up and tell them that you didn’t get their reply in time to get turned around and give them the same stupid look back that they are giving you! Then just park in the way!
hb
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Gary,
I would show up with the truck and park it "FRONT ROW" and enjoy the party for the retirees.
When you run into the POC just pat him on top the head like he's a Benny Hill sidekick and tell him if he would gotten back to you in a timely manner this mix up would of never happened. :D
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

You guys are freakin' AWESOME-thanks! :D
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Sounds like the POC is a prime candidate for a "Gibbs slap." Maybe you ought to show up and give him one. ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

I wouldn't show up! And if next year they contact you all pied eyed and bushytailed, come up with an excuse to tell them to go pound sand! I think if you show up its gonna make you look like a lap dog. Why get kicked in the balls twice if you show up and then they get torqued because they told you no in the first place?
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Nickathome wrote:I wouldn't show up! And if next year they contact you all pied eyed and bushytailed, come up with an excuse to tell them to go pound sand! I think if you show up its gonna make you look like a lap dog. Why get kicked in the balls twice if you show up and then they get torqued because they told you no in the first place?
Yeh, I don't think I would show up either, could cause a real scene and issues for you and others might come up as a result. It is a shame though.

I had the priviledge of attending the Brook's and Dunn Last Rodeo concert last night at Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre in Charlotte. Their hit song "Only in America" was accompanied by Marines Marching on stage and many more servicemen were present in the audience; this got the loudest and longest cheers of the entire show, the crowd of around 50,000 certainly showed a very distinct attitude of appreciation. It was great! Huge cheers broke out when they came into the audience before the show even started.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I've decided I'm not going this year, or ever, to this event, and I guarantee you they'll come a callin' next year.

I'll be driving it up to work every Friday in the near future so they can just see what could have been.... Thanks for all the responses, Guys, it's their loss.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

I agree with the gang, show up anyway! 8)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".