M37 hesitation

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

M37 hesitation

Post by Rick C »

If you guys recall from the old forum I was having issues with lack of power and hesitation on my M37. I solved that with timing adjustment (thanks Charles) and a rebuilt carb. Truck runs great now except at the top end of RPMs before shifting and at around 38 MPH in 4th gear the truck has noticable hesitation. Opinions from club members are that the governor needs adjusting. Can anyone give me some tips on doing this????
Rick C
Dicktater
CPL
CPL

Governor

Post by Dicktater »

http://todacosa.com/html/etw1-governor.htm#theory

This makes it very clear.
The governor was removed from my truck when I got it and I have never had a power loss problem BUT I keep a very close ear on RPM.

Hope this helps!! 8)
Gregg
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

Well look at what someone may learn after 7 years of ownership... Very informative, I was very lucky that my truck happened to work decently, because none knew what this thing was and how it operated. Thanks for sharing this valuable piece of information with us. :)
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Dicktater
CPL
CPL

Post by Dicktater »

Sotven,
Hello mi friend,good to see you back on the board!! If you liked that link I have a few more that are very valuable to me heres another one you might need someday. This will keep you busy for awhile. 8)

Enjoy

http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/s ... =1&z=2&l=0
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Dictater for sharing this very professional image how-to. It came in the best possible time also. I have been leaking gear oil from the front axle driver side due to shot felt seal. However I did not have the will to fix it because I thought I would have to remove everything to get to the seal. It seems though like a two hour work at most, so I am going to do it. Thanks again. :D
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.