What a difference two mirrors make!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Chunk
CPL
CPL

What a difference two mirrors make!

Post by Chunk »

I put on one of those canadian passenger side mirror mounts on the "M",and wow what a difference! I should have done this over 13 years ago. No more "guessing" when changing lanes :D . I was thinking of duplicating a few sets if anybody would be interested.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

It sure is nice to have the right side mirror and they are a necessity when making a lane change or backing up.
Nice of you to offer to duplicate some, how about posting some pix when you have a chance. I don't need one but others might be intrested in seeing what you have.
I didn't have access to the canadian pattern one so I made a mount that bolts into the existing threaded holes adjacent to the spare can carrier.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Rusty S.
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty S. »

I made mine so that it would clamp to the top handles of the jerrycan in the jerrycan holder. I could remove it at shows for "historic" purposes. I was concerned about vibration and not being able to see out the mirror at road speed, but it works well. I found I rarely use as I run with out the canvas on the cargo section. Once I get the M42 kit on, I will need it as curtains make a huge blind spot...
Rusty S.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Passenger Side Mirror Mount

Post by m-37Bruce »

I did as Carter did, it is one of two threaded holes from the Fording Snorkle.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Mirror

Post by Nickathome »

I have to get a passenger side mirror. I have been using the reflection in the passenger windshield as sort of a mirror. Kinda works when backing up, but can't compare to the real thing.