Webster Mass. show

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rusty S.
PFC
PFC

Webster Mass. show

Post by Rusty S. »

Did anyone go to the Webster, Mass. show? there were only two M37s there during the course of the day. It seems M37s are getting to be rare at most shows I attend.

One group showed up with four tanks, a M4 Sherman, a M5 Stuart, a M3 Stuart and a M24 Chaffee. Large Axis and Allied re-enactor contingent too. Very impressive for a small show...
Rusty S.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Pic's

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey Rusty,
Sounds like a blast, hope you took some pic's to share :?:
Strange thing about the M-37's. :oops:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

I was there!

Post by N1VSM »

I took a bunch of pictures - will post at some point. I also snagged a fording shroud for the air filter for $15. :D I only saw one of the M37's Contemplated driving mine there until I realized it was in Webster (2 hrs in an HCV: highway-capable vehicle) instead of Warren (1 hr in HCV). Glad I realized that BEFORE I went! One of the tanks had a propane setup and was firing as it drove. Went off right in front of me & my 7 year old boy - my ears still are ringing.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
Rusty S.
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty S. »

Of course I forgot my camera. Hopefully N1VSM can make up for my absent mindedness....
Rusty S.
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Pictures!

Post by N1VSM »

You'll be sorry you asked for pictures. This is a combination of ones taken by my Dad, Brother and my son. (VERY interesting to see a show like this through the eyes of a 7 year old.) Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41037800@N ... 878201097/

Cool show. There were troops "from" US, Germany, Italy, France, & Russia. I have to say that this is the first show where I saw the Swastika and the German "SS" displayed. Lead to a great discussion of history (world and family) with my son.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Jury's Out

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey N1VSM,
History is history, swastika's have different meanings to & for different things. Personally, I can live w/o 'em!

Now I can appreciate a Tiger tank, or a Swim-wagon & even some tracked motor cycles they dreamed up, but I probably would leave the badging off, for my liking, anywho, looks like a great (GREAT) show!
Thanks For Sharing, :oops:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Rusty S.
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty S. »

Great photos and lots of them. You really caught the feel and size of the show in you efforts. Nice work! The displays by the reenactors are great. Since it is a reenactor event, at least partially, it isnt unheard of to have Axis emblems diplayed.

I really didnt find anything much as far as the vendors. I really wasnt looking to hard either. I picked up a a couple electrical connectors and a couple odd M1 Garand parts. I went the long buck on a M42 16" US Bayonet.

Again, nice photos. Thanks for the link to them
Rusty S.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Looks like a good show...I think as far as vehicles it has a better assortment than the National show had. I was disapointed in the national as the varity of vehicles went.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!