OIL PUMP QUESTION

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

OIL PUMP QUESTION

Post by HingsingM37 »

After running in my engine several hours, I have discovered my oil pump has a minor seepage between the cover and housing. My gasket kit came with both a gasket and an o-ring. My pump had the o-ring and I had trued the cover plate before assembly but evidently it still wants to leak. Can the gasket be used in place of the o-ring? Suggestions?
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: OIL PUMP QUESTION

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

HingsingM37 wrote:After running in my engine several hours, I have discovered my oil pump has a minor seepage between the cover and housing. My gasket kit came with both a gasket and an o-ring. My pump had the o-ring and I had trued the cover plate before assembly but evidently it still wants to leak. Can the gasket be used in place of the o-ring? Suggestions?
With a cover that has been trued on a surface grinder & is truly flat, the square cut o-ring usually works great. If you are certain yours is flat & the o-ring wasn't flawed, I would be wondering if the housing has a crack.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

I will do some investigating & ck. the pump housing when I take it out. It may be possible I pinched the oring during assembly. Thanks Charles :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".