Red Dot heater FINALLY installed

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jimmymac392

Post by jimmymac392 »

The Red Dot heater is finally installed and with the Hemi running at 140-150 it will heat you out of the cab on middle speed. Glad I spent the extra money. Now to figure out a good defrost setup, just in time for summer..haha
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

this thread is worthless without pictures! :D
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
jimmymac392

Post by jimmymac392 »

You are so right about the pics,I have mechanical training, very little computer. If you look up past threads for Red Dot heater you will find pics and posts of another install. My truck isn't quite stock and the transmission tunnel has been heavily modified to fit an auto trans. The heater was put into the same general area. It's an R290 12 volt heater. Been reading this forum for years, after my first posting to share info I get a whiner who needs pics to follow the instructions. Will probably be years before I try to share any info again. Have a great day, bye bye
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

What Info did you share in your post? You only stated you've installed the heater and surprisingly it heats the cab.
You may have little computer training to post pictures but you have enough to call a "whiner that needs pictures to follow instructions" to someone who asks to have an idea of what you did?
You know, you can take decades or even better centuries before sharing anything with us, that we are not going to miss your detailed contributions if they are like you first one.

Bye Bye.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

You know that's what the smile face was for. It was to let you know that I was joking with you. Some pics would be nice to help us see how you did your instillation as appose to how someone else did theres. Also I figured that I'd beat some other smartalick to the punch about pictures and offer you a chance to tell us what you did and how you did it.

Not for nothing, but some people learn by reading and following directions, some people can't learn or understand that way. Other people are what those of us in the education business call visual learners and they learn by seeing. If someone was willing to share information posting both instructions as well as pictures would be very helpful to all.

Lastly, a simple I'm not good at taking or postin pics or I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share would have been fine and no-one would have given you any greif about it. You didn't need to get your shorts in a knot!

Have a very nice day and remember :) means I'm smiling at you.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
jimmymac392

Post by jimmymac392 »

Sorry guys, guess I deserve the verbal beating. Maybe a writing class should should be in place of mechanics 101. Next time I'll try to visulize trying to recieve the info instead of quickly describing the results.
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

No problem, but if you have troubles posting pictures (like a lot of us have/use to have) just mention it and another member will always stand and tell you to email them to him to post the pictures.

Picture of that Hemi 392 with Auto tranny would be appreciated also.

If you think you can share some pictures shoot me an email with them attached to jecastro@gmail.com and I will gladly post for you.

jecastro at gmail.com
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: Red Dot heater FINALLY installed

Post by m-37Bruce »

jimmymac392 wrote:You are so right about the pics,I have mechanical training, very little computer. If you look up past threads for Red Dot heater you will find pics and posts of another install. My truck isn't quite stock and the transmission tunnel has been heavily modified to fit an auto trans. The heater was put into the same general area. It's an R290 12 volt heater. Been reading this forum for years, after my first posting to share info I get a whiner who needs pics to follow the instructions. Will probably be years before I try to share any info again. Have a great day, bye bye
Hey jimmiemac392, send 'em to me, if-in you want to, I post 'em for you?
Regards,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
jimmymac392

Post by jimmymac392 »

Thanks guys, guess I'll have to buy a better camara.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

A simple camera fone will do the work, less pixels and less definition, but what 'da hay?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

jimmymac392 wrote:You are so right about the pics,I have mechanical training, very little computer. If you look up past threads for Red Dot heater you will find pics and posts of another install. My truck isn't quite stock and the transmission tunnel has been heavily modified to fit an auto trans. The heater was put into the same general area. It's an R290 12 volt heater. Been reading this forum for years, after my first posting to share info I get a whiner who needs pics to follow the instructions. Will probably be years before I try to share any info again. Have a great day, bye bye
Hey slim, Ever hear the old addage, "you can catch more flies with honey?" I suggest you brush up on that one! I mean really, what was so bad about someone asking for pictures? If you want to ostracise yourself keep doing what you're doing. But remember, someday you're gonna need advice from somebody here and that person may well be the guy that you replied to above. Not a good way to start things off brother!

Glad to see though that your later posts were more civil.
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

Post by anthony manzella »

W O W !!! I CAN SEE THIS GUY WILL GET ALL KINDS OF HELP LATER DOWN THE M-37 HIGHWAY :evil: " BAD BAD KITTY CAT" :wink: 8)
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Good morning Everyone! Let's give Jimmymac a break-he just quick-triggered his 1st response, and we all know K8 was just joshing. All should be forgiven at this point-let's shake hands and move on.

Also, my work PC doesn't allow pictures to begin with, so I'm limited to the text descriptions and must visualize the work being done.
Thanks,
Gary :wink:
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Now c'mon guys, Jimmymac & K8ICU are over it, so should all others....
Jim, I am also happy to host pictures for you so feel free to send them to Bruce or myself.
Take Care

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Wow, no one has had their ration of coffee yet!

Add me to the list of helpers if someone needs pics posted!!!

:D :D :D
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box