Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

nivek
CPL
CPL

More OrEgon Gobbermint Auto follies..

Post by nivek »

Oregon introduces bill to ban aftermarket car parts

by Dan Roth on Feb 6th 2009 at 2:39PM
Cars are such an easy target for politicians looking to bolster their green image. The latest is Oregon Governor Theodore Kulongoski, who has had the Speaker of the House introduce a bill that could make many aftermarket parts unavailable.

Tires are the main aim of the bill, which seeks to prohibit parts availability if there are choices that decrease greenhouse gas emissions. It amounts to a back-door fuel economy standard, which is the jurisdiction of the federal government unless you're California –and even they need a waiver. The prospect of fitting Pilot Sports to your Geo Metro will be out the window if H.B. 2186 finds traction, and it could stick you with zero alternatives based on some myopic metric like rolling resistance. Putting our legislators in charge of what equipment should be fitted to our cars doesn't strike us as the brightest idea. Hit the linked article ( http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62515 ) for contact information, so you know who to call and excoriate.

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Franz©
PVT
PVT

Post by Franz© »

Well that's right up there on the IQ scale with a Congressman here in NY named Eric Massa, a/k/a Airhera Masshole. He drove a GM provided hydrogen fueled car from Corning to DC to promort alternate fuels and some green thing other than the mold between his ears.

Being that politicians are naturally stupid and have staffs of STUPID fools, GM had to prestage a second hydrogen fueled car in Harrisburg because that was where the first one ran out of fuel. GM enginitwits towed the second car with a hybred Blazer, and sent a second Hybred along to tow the second car back from DC. None of these well "educated" people who make laws and regulations for us dummies to live by ever heard of Praxair, or had the brainpower to make a fitting to fill the car at Praxair's plants along the way. They plan on telling us how Green the idea was as soon as people stop calling Congressman Masshole a Mashole.

The congressman has entered the drawing to fly with the Magic KneeGrow next time AirForce 1 makes one of them 100 mile trips. They both be real big fighters against Global Warming.
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

GOVERMENT PEOPLE ?

Post by anthony manzella »

NEVER have got to be smart they just have got to make you think they are , most would be better farmers they can make the grass greener with B/S. :wink: 8)
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
milstencil
CPL
CPL

Post by milstencil »

Wait a minute Franz,
"Massholes" has been totally reserved for the Communist politicians here in the Communist State of Massachusetts.
It has been copy righted and cannot be used without permission.
Please find a more appropriate name for your NY politicians. As an ex yorker, I have few fond words for those suckers in Albany :!:
Blind as a bat, can't see the forest for the trees, etc.
Rick
Resident of the Communist state of Massachusetts, home of failed
health care and failed gun control! See what the Democrats can do
when they control both houses.
http://www.militarystencils.com
Franz©
PVT
PVT

Post by Franz© »

I see absolutely no problem with Congressman Masshole being any sort of infringement on a Messychewsh!ts patent, copywrite or anything else since NY was carved from the landmass originally Messychewsh!ts.

You need to do a little more research. Upon doing so you will realize that in the original paperwork Messychewsh!ts failed to deed any of the lakebottoms to Neuvo Hillareah, and ergo NY surrounds Messychewsh!ts in multiple locations.

We are currently working on a plan to reimplant many Albany turd munchers onto Messychewsh!ts soil as rapidly as possible.
poor rich
CPL
CPL

Post by poor rich »

I live in a land with such a low self estiem that they put a cow and cheese on our Quarter thanks to governer dim wit Jim, in the Peoples Republic of Madison.
Several years ago our Attourney General Peg Lautenshlager (yes thats her real name) drove her state owned car @ 15mph on the freeway into the ditch it seams she had even more to drink that night than normal.
But hay atleast I dont live in Illinois!
My wife loves to cook, bakes fresh cookies for my lunch every week, and now she wants a 15" Mortar.... life is good!
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

THE MUDD !!

Post by anthony manzella »

SLINGING HAS TRICKELD DOWN TO US COMMON FOLKS! POOR :cry: PEOPLE OF ILLINIOS , 8) THE GUY HAD " RICHARD HEAD " WRITTEN ALL OVER HIS FORHEAD , FUNNY HOW YOU CAN TELL A D I C K H E A D !! WHEN YOU FIRST MEET THEM ? :wink: :lol:
Hit Duh Ground Runnin