Water separator for painting?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Water separator for painting?

Post by DAP »

I know what you mean Charles we live not to far from you but the humidity whoops me bad. I am missing 20% of my lung so when when I work outside in the summer evening I run out of oxygen fast. I have painted in my drive way (never in the summer) and have to watch the weather real close and even then I pull it inside when I have finished spraying. My concrete in front of the garage has a nice "protective coating" of over spray that "seals" the concrete. It is a mixture of Imron primer, blue, black and OD Imron. I use a real good tight mask so I get no leakage and have to pick just the right day for fumes to blow away (but almost a dead calm). Once in the garage I shut it up tight until the paint skins over, then I open the doors for the toxins to exhaust. I stay out of the garage until the air clears out. You have to be carefull as Imron is nasty fumes and once the paint is in the lungs it is there forever (FYI - not why I had a tumor, Doc says I am a freak - LOL) Since I am doing it just for my own enjoyment I have no time pressure. You have a business to run and I think that is very commendable! My latest truck, given to me, is my 20+ year project so I can poke along. I am about 7 years in and am currently building my own electric harness using crumbly remains as a pattern, what a challenge! I have a drive train after that, then transfer/transmission and last will be the engine. I use a simple water seperator filter/regulator (old binks high end unit), drain everything but since I don't run things in high humidity I avoid the whole water issue. Not a solution for a lot of people but works for me as a part time hobbiest. Best wishes all!
All in Air Force blue and black trim
1962 M37B1
rectangular window hardtop, converted to Hercules 4 cyl diesel-intercooled & turbo charged, 12V, disc brakes
1962 M116A1 Generator trailer
1962 M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer
1964 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer