Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tyroma
PFC
PFC

Re: Had to call the tow truck today...

Post by Tyroma »

Thanks Charles...

I borrowed a pressure guage today, so tonight I will see what kind of pressure the pump is producing. If it's less than 4.5psi, then I'll look into rebuilding this pump of getting another.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ty
Tyroma
PFC
PFC

Post by Tyroma »

Hey Gang...

Bad news...the pump is only making 2.5 pounds of pressure. Guess I need a pump. Ah well...she should run great once that is fixed, considering that it runs pretty damn good right now!

Thanks

Ty
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

8543bob wrote:HI, BEFORE I FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL LINE, I THOUGHT THE PUMP WAS BAD, SO I INSTALLED A MILITARY BENDIX 24V FUEL PUMP, WITH AN INTERNAL FILTER. IT DID NOT REQUIRE A PRESSURE REGULATOR, I GOT IT FROM SAM WINER. AFTER I INSTALLED TH ELECT PUMP I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. SHE WOULD DIE AT ROAD SPEED. THATS WHEN I LOOKED FURTHER AND FOUND THE BLOCKED FUEL LINE. I LEFT THE ELECT PUMP ON AND HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE SINCE.
GOOD LUCK.

Where did you get the Bendix pump from and do you have a photo of it by any chance?

Thanks

Stu
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

M37UK wrote:
8543bob wrote:HI, BEFORE I FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL LINE, I THOUGHT THE PUMP WAS BAD, SO I INSTALLED A MILITARY BENDIX 24V FUEL PUMP, WITH AN INTERNAL FILTER. IT DID NOT REQUIRE A PRESSURE REGULATOR, I GOT IT FROM SAM WINER. AFTER I INSTALLED TH ELECT PUMP I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. SHE WOULD DIE AT ROAD SPEED. THATS WHEN I LOOKED FURTHER AND FOUND THE BLOCKED FUEL LINE. I LEFT THE ELECT PUMP ON AND HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE SINCE.
GOOD LUCK.

Where did you get the Bendix pump from and do you have a photo of it by any chance?

Thanks

Stu

Sorry, never noticed you had said Sam Winer!

Stu
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Rick C »

Just did my first long trip with a Then & Now reuilt fuel pump. Ran beautifully and the pump came back looking like new. Super fast turnaround too!!! I changed the flex line while I was at it to make sure everything rubber was fresh.
Rick
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

Post by 8543bob »

HI, I GOT THE PUMP FROM SAM WIENER, OHIO. I'LL SEE IF I CAN DIG UP HIS INFO, HE ADVERTISES IN BOATS AND HARBORS
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Post by hbb »

I have come across a fuel system conditioner that will remove varnish and stabilize the fuel. I am not a snake oil advocate but this stuff works great it is called SEA FOAM.A friend in Colorado told me about it and it took me several years to finally try it and boy was I surprised. I live in the Phx valley and fuel will not store at all and I had a wood chipper that had set for three years or more and the tank stunk of dried fuel, I added gas and pulled my but off trying to get it to start and my friend had called me while I was going through this and again he asked if I had tried it? NO so I went to the local parts store bought a can of it and added about 6 oz’s and let it sit for about 20 min, the engine fired up and ran on the second pull and I was sold after that. I also have a generator on my toy hauler that was surging right after I bought it three years ago, I added a can to the gas and I do not have a surging problem anymore! You can buy it at any parts store or even Wall Mart.
hb
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!