speedo cable - front parking lights .

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

speedo cable - front parking lights .

Post by anthony manzella »

#1 SPEEDO HEAD WHEN cable is disconnected dose not turn but when you manual turn speedo head it dose work cable is hook up under the bottom what do I look for. #2 FRONT PARKING LIGHTS LENS/ COVER. when looking at it looks fine but both have the clear bubble on the top right side is this normal or are there 2 right hand OR 2 left hand lights and could it be fixed by changing face cover or the whole light assembly. :? :?:
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: speedo cable - front parking lights .

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

anthony manzella wrote:#1 SPEEDO HEAD WHEN cable is disconnected dose not turn but when you manual turn speedo head it dose work cable is hook up under the bottom what do I look for. #2 FRONT PARKING LIGHTS LENS/ COVER. when looking at it looks fine but both have the clear bubble on the top right side is this normal or are there 2 right hand OR 2 left hand lights and could it be fixed by changing face cover or the whole light assembly. :? :?:
I don't understand what you are asking concerning the speedo, could you explain your problem better? There is nothing wrong with your park lights, that's just the way they are.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

when I took apart the dash to find out why I did not have any of my gauges I started with the speedo . I loosen the nut to the speedo and look at the tip of the cable to see if it was strip, it was not then looked at the hole in the back of the gauge an no blockage then went under the truck to fallow the cable to the back of the transfer case and it look as it was connected and it is I did not go any farther on inspection . just looking for some help as what might be done. I am not a mechanic but not afraid of tacking any type of job with a little guidance hope this helps ... AS for my parking lights they just don't look right with that clear bubble on the top right side of both lights just seems like the bubble should be on the top inside corner of both or top outside of both R.S.V.P. thank you !
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

anthony manzella wrote:when I took apart the dash to find out why I did not have any of my gauges I started with the speedo . I loosen the nut to the speedo and look at the tip of the cable to see if it was strip, it was not then looked at the hole in the back of the gauge an no blockage then went under the truck to fallow the cable to the back of the transfer case and it look as it was connected and it is I did not go any farther on inspection . just looking for some help as what might be done. I am not a mechanic but not afraid of tacking any type of job with a little guidance hope this helps ... AS for my parking lights they just don't look right with that clear bubble on the top right side of both lights just seems like the bubble should be on the top inside corner of both or top outside of both R.S.V.P. thank you !
You'll have to see if the drive cable is broken, check the speedo for proper function, & be sure the drive gear in the t/case is turning. One of these items is the most likely cause, at least 3 things you need to check first. It's a simple process of elimination.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Post by N1VSM »

anthony manzella wrote:when I took apart the dash to find out why I did not have any of my gauges I started with the speedo . I loosen the nut to the speedo and look at the tip of the cable to see if it was strip, it was not then looked at the hole in the back of the gauge an no blockage then went under the truck to fallow the cable to the back of the transfer case and it look as it was connected and it is I did not go any farther on inspection . just looking for some help as what might be done. I am not a mechanic but not afraid of tacking any type of job with a little guidance hope this helps ... AS for my parking lights they just don't look right with that clear bubble on the top right side of both lights just seems like the bubble should be on the top inside corner of both or top outside of both R.S.V.P. thank you !
If your M is an early one, there is an emergency brake adjustment hole under the passenger seat. You can access the point where the speedo cable is attached to the t-case. If you disconnect the cable at both ends, you can pull the cable out of the sheath - only in one direction - then you can check for kinks, breaks, squirrels, what have you ... in the cable.

As for the parking lights - that's the way they all look. R & L are interchangeable. The rears are the same. Once you get the front cover off, you'll see that one bulb is larger than the other (in the top part of the housing). The "gizzards" of all 4 marker lights (front & rear) are exactly the same. Might look goofy, but it makes swapping out easy.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

SPEEDO / PARKING LIGHTS

BIG OLD THANK YOU for both of you guys for info on lights n speedo cable thanks. :roll:
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

SPEEDO CABLE

NO HOLE UNDER SEAT cable goes through fire wall down to frame rail back to the back of transfer case. all looks well , square cable will come out from the top part of cable case by speedo , but I never took it all the way out. I will try to remove nut from the transfer case and check from there. maybe square cable is broken some where in the middle. will also check if I can put an eye on the t case hole. IF nothing else looks like I be putting a brand new cable assembly in .. :(