Introduction and pictures

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Shawn C

Introduction and pictures

Post by Shawn C »

I brought home a 1952 M37 a couple of days ago. I've not done much to it yet except to oil the cylinders (ATF) over the weekend and then turned it over this morning to make sure it wasn't siezed. I won't go into a lot of detail here, since I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, but overall I think it's in decent shape for the amount I paid. There's very little rust and most of the parts are there.

It's missing the original front bumper, tailgate, and a few other small things. Most of the front wiring harness is missing (I have the cable from the generator to the regulator), and I have the regulator output connector (wires removed) along with the light switch connector (wires cut from that too). So, I'll be looking at buying or making a new harness.

I basically just wanted to get this out here and to see what you guys think. I have the dash plates with the exception of the main identification nameplate, but I did find a frame serial number (included in the pictures). No hood side markings I can see yet, but there are markings under the hood including one that appears to say ("TI JUNE 74"). Any idea what that might signify? On the front of the hood is a marking that says something like "RIGHT xxxxx TURNS".

I wanted to post pictures here, but I noticed the max file size is 256Kb, so I'm just including a few to get started.
IMG_7789.jpg
IMG_7789.jpg (243.21 KiB) Viewed 148 times
IMG_7790.jpg
IMG_7790.jpg (242.02 KiB) Viewed 148 times
IMG_7777.jpg
IMG_7777.jpg (245.75 KiB) Viewed 148 times

I have several more high resolution pictures available in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

I'll try to find some manuals for it, since I'm not familiar with these beyond the reading I've done over the last couple of days. I especially need a good wiring diagram to get started, along with any suggestions of where to buy a front harness (they look pretty expensive) or to at least get the connectors I'll need.

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions you all might have.
Cal_Gary

Re: Introduction and pictures

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Shawn and welcome! Thanks for saving another one!
M37 wiring diagrams are pinned at the top of the Home Page.
Looks like a decent truck overall. Post your many questions or use the search engine. We all started where you are-lots of great folks here to offer their expertise!
Great pictures too and always welcome!
Glad to have you with us!
Gary

Oh, please add your location to your profile so we can help with the closest vendors, etc.
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Shawn C

Post by Shawn C »

Thanks, and I've added a location to my profile.
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Welcome to the fold Shawn. Lots of great folks and knowledge here. Seems like just yesterday I brought mine home and my rig looked like that. It's been 19 years...time flies 8)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".