NEEDED: Winch worm Gear ?

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
ausb1
PFC
PFC

NEEDED: Winch worm Gear ?

Post by ausb1 »

I have a Braden Mu2 with a worn out worm Gear ,all the teeth are had it ,what is the going price for a new one ? if anyone knows. VPW has them but I m in Australia [not desperately needed ] ATM ,
Thanks
Last edited by T. Highway on Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to swap meet for better exposure for the part that is needed.
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: NEEDED: Winch worm Gear ?

Post by just me »

They've always been expensive. About $800 USD each worm and pinion. MU is heavier duty than the stock LU winch. Finding a used winch with good gears is always the best bet
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
ausb1
PFC
PFC

Post by ausb1 »

I have another one ,which looks to have a good worm gear in it ,so decided to build one out of two ,one with good worm gear is missing parts lever,etc ,one with damaged gear is complete ,thanks for the reply
cheers ,I just wonder how long the gear would last ,IF it was properly lubed ,and correct break pins for the shaft are used ? I suppose its a piece of string ?
ausb1
PFC
PFC

Post by ausb1 »

The one with the Good gear had a extended shaft pressed on the end for a pulley ,and were a real Bear to remove, it had a custom end bracket for the extension [larger dia hole and brass bush]