Sold my truck

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Sold my truck

Post by NAM VET »

well, after six years of ownership of my '52 M37, I sold it on Bring a Trailer, $27 K, less than the near $40 K I eventually had in it. It was perfect, everything worked, started and ran like a top. Sold with a huge collection of spares and tools. Moving a year ago to a sort of retirement community, I could no longer keep it at our new home, instead at a hanger at the airport with our small organization's other vintage vehicles. So I was only using in civic parades and static displays, and no longer just as a useful pickup. When I got it back six years ago, I spent a year nearly full time on its restoration, which I could never have accomplished without the help of so many members on this forum. So thanks to all of you. But at my age, 76, I just don't have the energy to maintain it, esp since it is not at my home anymore. When a vehicle is 70 years old, no matter how well it runs and operates, you cannot just ignore it. It is going to good home, and I will tell the new owner about this forum, and hopefully he will soon check in and become a contributing member. And thanks to the vendors too, who were always so prompt and helpful with parts and advice.

Here, one last look at my wonderful M37. All the best, and I wiill check back occasionally on this forum. Thanks esp to the moderators of this so helpful place.

Hal Copple, aka NAM VET
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Re: Sold my truck

Post by HingsingM37 »

Sorry to hear you had to part with your rig. However all of your reasoning is sound. Find another , easier toy next > :) You take care.
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Rdinatal
CPL
CPL

Post by Rdinatal »

You need a Mule! Small, green, will fit in any garage!
1952 M37 - Mods = Locking hubs, battery switch, 2 bank charger, PB, PS, Pertronix SSI, Elect fuel pump w/filter&pressure switch.

Planned: Seatbelts, Bimini top :roll:
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Hello Hal,

I understand how things change in life and these trucks can be needy at times. Please don't be a stranger and stop back often, because I know that many of us always looked forward to your posts.

Best Regards,

Bert
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hal,
You've been a wonderful contributor to the success of this forum over the last few years-it is a better place with you checking in once in awhile!
Best of luck going forward my Friend!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

That buyer got a special piece of collection.
All the best, mate.
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)