Drag Link Removal

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rdinatal
CPL
CPL

Drag Link Removal

Post by Rdinatal »

New to me '52 M37. So, sorry in advance for all the basic questions...

Anyone have a quick description on how to remove the steering drag links? I suspect the ends need to be disassembled. Remove pin, back out nut, have all pieces drop on floor?
1952 M37 - Mods = Locking hubs, battery switch, 2 bank charger, PB, PS, Pertronix SSI, Elect fuel pump w/filter&pressure switch.

Planned: Seatbelts, Bimini top :roll:
greeno
SGT
SGT

Re: Drag Link Removal

Post by greeno »

Basically, except the pieces won’t fall out. Put the arms on the bench and note how the springs and plates come out the end of tubes.
M37
YEAR: 1954
Rdinatal
CPL
CPL

Post by Rdinatal »

greeno wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:17 am Basically, except the pieces won’t fall out. Put the arms on the bench and note how the springs and plates come out the end of tubes.
Thank you.

One other question... Anyone know the drag link end plug slot dimensions? Looks like it's "fab a tool" time and typical me I didn't think to measure the slot width.
1952 M37 - Mods = Locking hubs, battery switch, 2 bank charger, PB, PS, Pertronix SSI, Elect fuel pump w/filter&pressure switch.

Gardy

Post by Gardy »

Rdinatal wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:59 pm
greeno wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:17 am Basically, except the pieces won’t fall out. Put the arms on the bench and note how the springs and plates come out the end of tubes.
Thank you.

One other question... Anyone know the drag link end plug slot dimensions? Looks like it's "fab a tool" time and typical me I didn't think to measure the slot width.
i can check when I get home. I just made one a few weeks ago, welded a chunk of flat bar to an old socket.
Rdinatal
CPL
CPL

Post by Rdinatal »

Gardy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:47 am i can check when I get home. I just made one a few weeks ago, welded a chunk of flat bar to an old socket.
Thanks but no need. I made one from a big washer and some bar stock. I can stick two pieces of steel together, just can't sell it.
It worked great. Now it's on the shelf never to be used again... :roll: