NOT selling my truck!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

NOT selling my truck!

Post by NAM VET »

A good day! When we moved to a smaller home a few months ago, it was apparent that I just couldn't keep my truck anymore. No room on the driveway, and the HOA would not like having it "down" with parts off for any length of time here. So put it up on a web site, a few interested chaps, mostly scam inquiries. About two weeks, ago, in a Veteran's Parade, met up with the leadership of the Lexington SC American Heritage Foundation, and was out to their museum-to-be at the Columbia SC airport. They have big buildings, with about 20 military vehicles, in all condition, many running others in stages of restoration. Everything a big shop needs to restore these old vehicles. So of course decided I will keep my truck there, it is about a 15 minute drive from my home. Lots of help should I need it, and I am taking over much of my no longer needed tools and parts and equipage.

They have secured funding for a museum at the airport honoring the Doolittle Raiders, who did much of their training here. They have a real B25 for it, and so much more, with architect drawings of the expansive plans. Have a Bofers on a mount, coming in German WWII vehicles, and much more.

Anyway, am happy to be able to keep my truck, esp undercover, with a great group of like minded people. Oh, by the way, when I asked why their halftack died at the parade, they told it was a failed coil, with a date from the '40's!

all the best,,, hal
ez8
CPL
CPL

Re: NOT selling my truck!

Post by ez8 »

That IS good news. Glad to hear it.
DCook
CPL
CPL

Post by DCook »

I'm very happy you have found such a rich resource to continue the Hobby you love!! I'd love to find even one MVPA friend here in the Four Corners area.
MVPA Member #23780
1942 Chev. 1 1/2 Ton Dump Truck
1951 M37 W/W, & Field Radio
1953 M43
1958 Navy CJ3B
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

Good news, mate. :thumbs:
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Well done Hal! I just couldn't part with mine either.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Very good news Hal, glad to hear that you are keeping the M37.

Bert
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Big Thumbs Up!
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Well, for the first time since I brought my truck home in the summer of '17 it was "under cover" last night. I drove across town to the Columbia airport, which is really small, where the Doolittle Raiders trained, and pulled into a sort of huge hanger just off the airfield. One side is for restoration and repair, about a dozen projects, trucks, jeeps, the 40 mm Bofors, trailers and such, the other where running (more or less) vehicles are parked. So backed my own truck in, set up a table to put my spares and parts and tools on, and then was welcomed by the membership at their monthly meeting. I will be taking part in another parade tomorrow in a smaller community about 40 miles away. They have a number of trailers so will take my truck down on one of them. Of course, we will all mount our guns, mine my 1919 air cooled 30.

So glad my truck fires right up, even on a cold morning now, and runs so well with so much power for the hills. Here, my truck parked at the rear of this line of vehicles. All the best.. hal
ImageImage