Parade

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Parade

Post by NAM VET »

what a great, fun day. We have recently moved to Lexington, SC, which is near Columbia, SC. Heard about a Veteran's parade recently and entered, so yesterday my son and his wife and 8 and 5 year old sons rode in the back, my wife with me in the cab, slowly thru Downton Lexington. So many people holding up support and thankful signs, waving, and cheering. Was cloudy but no rain, I did not put my MG on in the bed, as sometimes a gun raises the ire of folks. But when I got to the line up, the other military vehicles were all Up-gunned, so next year, if I still own my own my truck I will mount my 1919 30 cal. Jeeps and a beautiful 1942 half track, just perfect. Talked with the owner, told me parts had to come from overseas, the replica mines on the sides he got out of Pakistan. Had a M2. I have never been around a half track, and when it drove up it was surprisingly quiet with the rubber tracks. It idled for a half hour, but when we were waved off, it died and would not restart. Probably fouled plugs. Met a great group of chaps from the local Vintage Military Vehicle assoc, who invited me to keep my truck under cover at one of their two buildings at the nearby airport, where incidentally the Doolittle Raiders trained. I may decide to just keep my truck there. They are restoring two M37's.

Afterwards, we went to a Pub for dinner, and later it really rained, and I drove home on the back hilly roads in the dark, head lites were fine, and I was surprised to find my wipers worked great, not having needed wipers for years. I run my vacuum off the intake manifold, only loss of vacuum with full throttle. Nifty. I am just amazed how after a proper in-tank fuel filter and new Facet pump, my truck has so much power, accelerating up hills with alacrity. So was a great fun day.

hal
ImageImage
ez8
CPL
CPL

Re: Parade

Post by ez8 »

Very cool!

Maybe it's time to rethink selling the old girl?
Bushi
PVT
PVT

Post by Bushi »

Wait a minute.
Where are the rest of the pictures?
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks for sharing Hal!
Gary