Tubes, and Flaps

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

RedUtilityTruck
PVT
PVT

Tubes, and Flaps

Post by RedUtilityTruck »

Locally there is no one who has access to the 9.00-16 size anymore. I have some tires, but unsure where to get flaps especially.

Where to you get your tubes and flaps now?

Thanks,
J
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Re: Tubes, and Flaps

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
BGarth

Post by BGarth »

Justubes.com - I had good service and was pleased with the product…though I have limited experience with tubes and flaps
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

when I had to replace two NDT's not long ago, the truck tire shop near me, who de-mounts and then remounts them, said it was OK to reuse flaps if not too rotted, but tubes cannot be safely reused. I have done my own remote the split rings, but for $100 I am glad to have them do it. When I got my tubes and new flaps, the several sources told me they were the last they had in stock. Maybe one of those items a truck owner needs to lay in stock for the someday need of a getting harder to find necessary part for our trucks.

By the way, went to the home of the flat bed driver to see if the ten screws holding the fuel tank pick up in place are going to be impossible for me to remove, sprayed some penetrating oil on them, my intention is to come back and pull and replace my in-tank filter in a few days, but couldn't resist at least trying the screws and it looks like all will come out without a problem. Getting the plate out will be anther story, perhaps. I need to get my truck back running well, as in a week we are completing our move a 100 miles away to Columbia, SC. John B at Midwest his helping me with this project. Hal, aka NAM VET