Cab waterproof cover

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Cab waterproof cover

Post by NAM VET »

My truck sits outside in the SC rain and sun, and my now four year old top has some sun fading, although I have kept it waterproof. I did have to hand sew a repair on a three inch tear . So I contacted CoverCraft, and had them make up a custom cab top, waterproof, with four corner zippers. I sent careful measurements and digital pics, and the first one they made up was way too small, so returned it with now 8X10 color enlargements, on which I drew and lined out the measurements. I just got it back, the first order took about 6 weeks, the repair about one week back to me. Selected taupe as a color. So, for $388 I have a waterproof and sunroof cab cover. I had them sew it long enough to cover the door window sills, and longer on the front to cover the cowl vent, and use a couple of strong magnets on the hood to keep it from flapping in a wind. I do need to come up with some sort of bow to reduce the water pooling on the top, it tends to sag the top.

It only takes a minute or so to put in on, and zip the corners, which have to have full length zippers on the corners, but due to the mirror and hinges, I can't full zip the front corners. So.... Here it is, if you want to have one made up, let me know an I will give you the contact at Covercraft.

hal, in UpState SC

[url=https://postimg.cc/H88wQ55c][img]h ... .jpg[/img][/url]
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Cab waterproof cover

Post by John Mc »

That looks like a great set up! I have a hard top, but if I had a soft top I'd Order one.

I wonder if people pooled orders, if they'd be willing to give a break on the price?
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

perhaps, John, if others want to think about it, just post here your interest, and I will contact the lady at Covercraft who worked with their custom team to make my top. hal
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

That's really cool-thanks for sharing, Hal!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
vit16
CPL
CPL

Post by vit16 »

Hey!! yes thanks for sharing!! very nice looking.

I have a friend here that has a Ford A 1929 I think and he uses a similar cover and it is designed also to protect the original soft cover to resist the wind specially when you move it in the road on a trailer and another truck comes opposite of you, the wind shock is very big at those speeds and can destroy the soft cover, imagine those speeds were not usually normal for a Ford A heheh.
here you can see it
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

That's a smart cover you designed there. I'm just wondering why you didn't get a complete cover for the truck to protect the whole truck from the sun, rain, wind, etc. I know you worked very hard on restoring the truck and I figure that if you had indoor storage for the truck it would be in there so that's why I'm asking why not a complete cover? Just an inquiring mind...
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Mostly to protect my canvas top, and I may yet get another piece to cover the hood and fenders, as they do get some bird poo and tree sapp on them. But in our SC heat, water trapped under an impermeable cover can lead to "steam" fogging the paint. If I do, I will figure out some sort of air space for the hood. I don't need to cover the bed, I power wash that when necessary. I am working on a way to slightly arch my canvas cab top to reduce the water pooling and weight form our rains here.

I did have them lengthen the front flap, so it covers my cowl vent, and keep water out there.

NV
investig8
CPL
CPL

Post by investig8 »

Hello NamVet,
When I bought Fiona, the previous owner had removed the straps and installed two metal bows to keep the top tight and prevent water pooling. I think they are genius and am happy to share them with you all all who may be facing the same problem. The first phot is an overview while the second is the connection welded onto the windshield and the third is the connection on the rear bow. You guys have been so great with help for me, I hope this can return the favor!
Have a great week,
Dennis
Attachments
IMG_0863.jpg
IMG_0863.jpg (117.94 KiB) Viewed 778 times
IMG_0862.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg (86.49 KiB) Viewed 778 times
IMG_0861.jpg
IMG_0861.jpg (67.57 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Investig8
1953 M-37
1952 M-38
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

Interesting!! They even have an arch to them.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

I wonder if the bow kit for the M35s would work in the M37? Basically it was three 1/4 inch or 5/16 rod that had a arch like the ones pictured and they had a 90 degree bend at the windshield to pop down into holes that were drilled into the windshield and where they attached to the back bow did the same thing. Just a wondering mind thinking out loud. LOL!
M37s are HMMWV in my world!