Advice needed..

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

JacobBDog

Advice needed..

Post by JacobBDog »

Hello folks! I need to call upon the brain trust. I have been hunting a little bit for gama goat wheels. I think I’m a savvy google user but alas Gama Goat wheels appear to be better at hiding than I am at finding. So the question is has anyone have any leads to the elusive wheel? Also if I did happen to locate a few. What would be a fair price for one? Any issues I might have over looked? Thanks to you all for this treasure trove of a site!
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Advice needed..

Post by John Mc »

Unfortunately, I can't help on the wheels. However, I do want to welcome you to the site. There are some great folks here.
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
JacobBDog

Post by JacobBDog »

Thank you kindly!
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Sorry for the delay Jacob.
Someone here years ago made goat wheel adapters for the M37-sorry I don't recall who.
If Midwest Military nor VPW can source goat wheels/tires for you, you might try Memphis Equipment.

As an unsolicited FYI, goat tires are pretty soft/buoyant so be sure they fit your needs. :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
JacobBDog

Post by JacobBDog »

Thank you I was unaware of the softness of Goat tires. Your information was very helpful.
PoW
SSGT
SSGT

Post by PoW »

Guilty as charged. I run them.

Goat wheels are 18" with no center, and the real 11.00 Goodyear NDCC tires were legendary off-road with a great ride.

They are a steel-belted BIAS tubeless tire, a true anomaly. About 42" tall, you gain some MPH with them, too.

PM me and I can further your quest. I'd post a photo, but the tiny file restriction prevented my doing so.

PoW
vit16
CPL
CPL

Post by vit16 »

always resize them to 15" monitor
I use postimage.org