Looking for a running M37 flathead six

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
ericke33

Looking for a running M37 flathead six

Post by ericke33 »

Good evening,

I'm seeking a replacement six for my locked up engine. Would be happy with an industrial or civilian engine as long as it's running. Thank you. Am located in Massachusetts. Thank you.
NCM
PFC
PFC

Re: Looking for a running M37 flathead six

Post by NCM »

I'm swapping mine out for a V8 in about a month. Currently runs.
ericke33

Post by ericke33 »

Thank you for the response. If you could please send me a message or PM when it's available. Thank you again.
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

We're starting work on my truck next week. One of the items is pulling my 230 and putting in a 251. I think my 230 was an industrial engine?

I'm in the Champlain Valley of Vermont.

The guy who is doing the work lives right across town from me (specializes in old dodge trucks, and owns an M37, among others). He occasionally sells other parts if you are looking for other things for your truck.
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
ericke33

Post by ericke33 »

Thank you for reaching out. A dude who does M37's is a real find. Robert Stahl was my go to until his recent passing. Right now I have to get the pictures smaller to post.

Currently I have a older Ray Suiter disc brake kit I would like to install and the engine of course as mine is locked up. This in addition to changing diff fluid and eventually as funds allow stronger axle's into the stock housings for now.
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

ericke33 wrote:Thank you for reaching out. A dude who does M37's is a real find. Robert Stahl was my go to until his recent passing.
Tim Holloway of Distinctive Restoration is a great guy to work with (and I'm fortunate that he is just a 10 minute drive from me). Mine is a work-in-the-woods truck, and will likely stay that way, but Tim also does award-winning restorations.
Currently I have a older Ray Suiter disc brake kit I would like to install and the engine of course as mine is locked up. This in addition to changing diff fluid and eventually as funds allow stronger axle's into the stock housings for now.
I'm doing front disks. Staying with stock axles for now. We'll see if they hold up to how I use the truck. If they ever do break, I'll consider alternatives.
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine