Coronavirus-how is everyone?

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Coronavirus-how is everyone?

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi All,
With the world-wide impact I thought I'd reach out to see how everyone is doing? Getting along OK I hope.
Veronica and I are self-isolating a lot. It's a blessing for both of us to have work-at-home jobs and our respective industries are both on-line services. Our hearts go out to those who may be on job furlough or coping with the virus in your own neighborhoods. Best wishes to All!

Gary and Veronica
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Coronavirus-how is everyone?

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
All's well here. School shut down on Friday until 4/6, so I'm grounded. Hilde works from home most days. Hopefully we won't drive each other nuts :D . I need to try and figure out a way to teach my class online...

Andy
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Good luck with that, Andy-shop class on line? :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

When I heard on the news the folks in Northern Italy were cleaning out the store shelves over a week ago I went out and bought TP. Then this Sunday around 11:30am bought some food supplies for a couple of weeks at Walmart. My cart was maybe 1/4 full. I forgot my dug card for the pharmacy so had to go back around 4:30pm. By that time all the meat was cleaned out. There was no bread and folks were standing around like they were waiting. It was crazy.

Okay I am in a little higher risk age group but still going out to eat until they tell me I can't. My brother is in a much higher risk age group and he is freaking out. Pumps gas with rubber gloves on and tries to maintain a safe distance from folks at the grocery store. I see that like a Benny Hill episode where he has to run from people coming down an aisle towards him. :lol:

My brother's grandson is on a base in South Korea and they are relaxing the restrictions over there. It seems the death rate is much lower than the media makes us think.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

My city is nearly shutdown now. Most people where I work are telecommuting. I am concidered an "essential" employee and must continue to work in the shops. (I work in public transportation) it is weird, but so was Y2K. Even drove the M37 to work yesterday and today. Tomorrow supposed to bring 1 to 2 inches of rain. Also delivery 9f the first of our new fleet of Rail cars so I'll be outside working in it.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
murano3
PFC
PFC

Post by murano3 »

UK is now starting to shutdown, I have been working from home since thursday, have barely left the house, my partner will soon be working from home too, my daughter is 4 and a half will be home indefinitely from next week as schools close ..... rumour that they won't open until September. This is going to be interesting.
Ben Connor
1952 M37 80026073
United Kingdom
http://www.afvn.co.uk
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

laughter is good medicine:

I have had a bit of tinfoil lining my hat for for years but I feel like one of the few who saw this coming. weeks ago I stocked up on porters, stouts and single malt , doing my part to combat the threat of a light beer virus.

......however yesterday I ran out of toilet paper.... had to go to the fridge and grab some lettuce ..... this is only the tip of the iceberg

stay safe everyone
.............................. use it ...............
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

We are in complete shut down since 3/19 till 4/1 at least.
Interesting experience. I'm customs officer, bulk and liquid cargo surveyor, so I have to work in the port to warrant the fuel supply in our city.
We 've been instructed to take 24 hour 1 person shifts to minimize the people going to and back from the job.
let me tell you this, I don't know how I'm gonna stand till next wednesday when I have to go to work. I'm looking forward that little 24hr break.
Besides that, we have enough of everything. TP for a month or so. Down here happened exactly the same as in the US, people wipe out the TP from the stores. Can't imagine why, down here we don't use TP as much as you guys. We use bidets for our nether zone cleaning needs.
I've ordered online from wal mart and wait two days to pick the order up at the store, without steping out of my truck. Took me 5 minutes. Meanwhile there was a 1block line of people waiting to get in the store. (3ft space in between)
And I have time to write again in the forum which some how I've been missing it.
Hope you are all doing well.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

Out of caution our work requested that we work remote last week and this week. So now entering week two of working from home. I am lucky I can work online.

They have stopped all eating at restaurants unless you do takeaway. I have done that maybe three times but mostly cooking from home. We were okay with TP but the wife was out helping her Mom shop and came home with a pack of TP, I was like, 'Oh you found some!!' :lol:

Incase they activate a total shutdown I did my part to help the economy and went by Lowe's to buy some lumber and other items to keep myself busy during this crazy time. On the way home I stopped at the local market to see what was available. They had a sign up to take only one package of meat items to allow all to have some. I got only one package of ground beef but also picked up some hamburger patties. I figured that was a different package. :D

There were people wearing masks and one older lady that had one rubber glove on only her right hand but was still touching everything with both hands. I couldn't figure that one out. :?

Other than that the coyotes were having a party in the pasture out back the other night and I had to go break that up. :evil: I hate coyotes.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I'm on furlough till May first, at least! We are hunkered down on the farm, doing some outside yard work when it's not raining.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
06boblee
SFC
SFC

Post by 06boblee »

Well, it is the 31st of Aug and we still have to mask up to go to Wal Mart. The buying frenzy has calmed down (except for ammo- and the guns that use it). Has been pretty hot and humid here in the Dallas area.
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Yep, damned tiring but a necessary evil, masking up and isolating.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
vit16
CPL
CPL

Post by vit16 »

The same here in Argentina...

I got the virus my wife and kids but it was just a fever to my wife. We are all ok. Hope everybody has the same symptoms and stops there.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Wow Ronnie-glad to hear you and family are ok!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
vit16
CPL
CPL

Post by vit16 »

Thank you!!