"Best truck Chrysler ever made..."

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

"Best truck Chrysler ever made..."

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hello All,
Hope you are well. Wanted to share a quick war story that just came to fruition in a rather unusual way. Saturday evening we went to dinner at our local Red Lobster. Dinner was pleasant and rather uneventful but upon leaving we were passing through the lobby when I overheard a guy say "...the best truck Chrysler ever made." So I turned toward the sound of the comment to find a older guy (baby boomer like me) who was pointing at me and (I realized) my shirt-the M37 one I got from the MVPA with the camo M37 on it. He said he drove one in 'Nam in '66 and reiterated his statement saying it would go anywhere any time through the worst conditions. I replied in agreement then told him that I actually own an M37 and showed him some pix off my phone. He seemed delighted and asked how often I'd shown it. I replied "only once, but it won an award" (that I'm STILL waiting to get from the engraver). We thanked each other for our Service and parted ways, capping the nice evening with some M37 talk! I also lost Veronica in the process who headed to the Rubicon when she realized I was talking about the M37, knowing it would be a while before I made it out! :wink:

Thanks for reading,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Re: "Best truck Chrysler ever made..."

Post by Kaegi »

good story. I used to drive WC 3/4 tons and got to meet WW2 vets and hear some good stories as well. a privilege. ONe of them was a buy saw my WC52 and got a huge smile and told me how where they landed in the Philippines in WW2 it was the only truck that could make it to dry land. the landed in some kind of fine volcanic rock. the jeeps sank on skinny tires and the larger trucks sank form weight. the WC 3/4 tons just chugged everything to shore.
Cal_Gary

Re: "Best truck Chrysler ever made..."

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks Kaegi!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500