What did you do with your truck this weekend?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ez8
CPL
CPL

What did you do with your truck this weekend?

Post by ez8 »

I installed a 24V fuel pump and the truck is running better than every before. We're starting to trust each other again and even my wife will ride with me now that it doesn't vapor lock.

This evening I went over to a neighbor's house (a relative term in my part of the county) and helped cut up and haul away firewood for winter. Me and Big Green work together real good!

So what did you guys do?
Pat Gray
PFC
PFC

Re: What did you do with your truck this weekend?

Post by Pat Gray »

Took mine out for a drive in the Pacific Northwest. Weather was great and had fun!!!
Attachments
DSC01507.JPG
DSC01507.JPG (241.03 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
DSC01504.JPG
DSC01504.JPG (215.52 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Great photos, guys!
I drove mine to work overnight 7/03 with the flags flying then parked it in the home driveway as a static display on the 4th (since my next door neighbors have apparently gotten grumpy over me parking in the middle of the cul-de-sac as I used to do. One of their little kids told us).
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
murano3
PFC
PFC

Post by murano3 »

Great pics guys, I have just spent the weekend sanding and painting my truck .. as usual :)
Ben Connor
1952 M37 80026073
United Kingdom
http://www.afvn.co.uk
murano3
PFC
PFC

Post by murano3 »

ez8 wrote:I installed a 24V fuel pump and the truck is running better than every before. We're starting to trust each other again and even my wife will ride with me now that it doesn't vapor lock.

This evening I went over to a neighbor's house (a relative term in my part of the county) and helped cut up and haul away firewood for winter. Me and Big Green work together real good!

So what did you guys do?
Tell me more about your fuel pump - is this in addition to the mechanical or a total replacment?
Ben Connor
1952 M37 80026073
United Kingdom
http://www.afvn.co.uk
ez8
CPL
CPL

Post by ez8 »

For now it's in addition, but only until I manufacture a cover to put over the mechanical fuel pump's hole in the engine. My wipers were converted to electric long before I got the truck so I don't need to worry about vacuum from the pump. I looked into going back to the old military style pump, but calculated it was more trouble than its worth.
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Mine is sitting in the back yard. Sudden health issue has me where I am no longer strong enough to drive it or work on it.
Hell, I can hardly dress myself right now. Jeep restoration is stalled too. Can't muster the strength to finish the steering. Let alone start remounting the tub.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Just me, what ever your ailment is, all of us hope for a quick return of your health. I know what it is like to lose much of one's strength and stamina. Ez, VPW sells a precisely cut and drilled plate to cover the fuel pump hole I the block, I put on on my engine when I went to an electric pump.

NV
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

So sorry to hear of this, Just Me-well wishes for a full recovery!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

I moved mine out of the garage...................................... Then I moved it back in. :roll: Sad, but at least it did it under it's own power. No brakes but it moves. As I get my strength and facilities back I will get back on it.
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

just me wrote:Mine is sitting in the back yard. Sudden health issue has me where I am no longer strong enough to drive it or work on it.
Hell, I can hardly dress myself right now. Jeep restoration is stalled too. Can't muster the strength to finish the steering. Let alone start remounting the tub.
I know well about the sudden health issues, I just went through cancer surgery and I am slowly making my way back. Keep a positive outlook. It will work out. This is not the first time for me, I was almost killed by a staph infection in my spine in 2012. Never let your health get you down, have faith and always stay positive.
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Enjoyed a 4th of July Parade with 9 other MV's. We transported American Legion members.
Enjoyed a 4th of July Parade with 9 other MV's. We transported American Legion members.
ViewM37jpgcompressed.jpg (124.92 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hang in there and knock off some small projects to keep the morale up!!
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Well wishes to you Rick-hope your spirit remains positive and bright!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Growing up in the sixties was better than living in my sixties!
Hand surgeon worked some magic yesterday and 80% of the pain is gone. Starting therapy next week for hands and other ailments.
Seems over the hump right now. Maybe able to do some work soon!
Thanks for all the well wishes.
And Rick, man, all I can say is wow. That is some dark stuff to come back from!
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
ez8
CPL
CPL

Post by ez8 »

Hopefully the health ailments won't be putting you guys down for too long. I'm putting the good vibes out into the universe for you.

Your PT for the hand surgery is going to be key. You have to keep it up on the schedule they tell you or that hand will lock up for sure. Best of luck!