Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Not M37, buy you guys know things!

Post by ashyers »

I'm looking for info on the following projects:

'53 M38A1 - Online manual, we're doing some work on a friends M38A1 and I'm curious about a few adjustments.

'42-'45 Towmotor LT44 4000# capacity gas forklift - Manuals (TM 10-1626), parts, anything... One person's junk is another person's treasure! To think it was headed for scrap :shock: ! It's an MV too :D .
Got it running today, it's been neglected, but it's complete. I think it is ex-Navy. It has a US Navy inspection stamp on the zinc data plate and under the paint it's battleship gray.
Got it running today, it's been neglected, but it's complete. I think it is ex-Navy. It has a US Navy inspection stamp on the zinc data plate and under the paint it's battleship gray.
Towmotor LF.JPG (110.92 KiB) Viewed 940 times
'52 Clarktor 6 - Same deal as the Towmotor. It has a 218 Plymouth 6 and is largely complete, except for the hood and they stored it outside :roll: . We're going to try and revive it, but if that's not practical I'm goin to pull the engine for parts.

I'm guessing the last two items were at NAS Alameda back in the '50's before being surplused to our school district, who no longer had use for them. I figure the kids and I can sort 'em out and learn a few things in the process.

Andy
Last edited by ashyers on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Not M37, buy you guys know things!

Post by DJ »

Join WILLYSMJEEPS, all the manuals are there.
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Not M37, buy you guys know things!

Post by ashyers »

Thanks DJ