Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ChrisG
PVT
PVT

Posting pictures

Post by ChrisG »

Hello,
Is there an easy way to post a picture onto a post or do I have to first upload it to another web site? :?

It seems to me that pictures speak a thousand words but not if I can't be bothered logging into some photo site (which I dont use anyway) and then have to cross reference my post to that site. Its all too much like hard work!

Have I missed a lesson in postin a photo in one easy step?
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Easy as pie. Type your message, click the "Img" box at the top of the posting page, insert the pic, click the "Img" box again, and hit "Submit." That's all there is to it.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Jeff in north Texas
PVT
PVT

Post by Jeff in north Texas »

So, you do have to have access to an image posting site to use this feature?
It looks like there is no way to simply attach an image directly from our own computer files?
Most forums, using the format this forum is now using, have a way to simply insert a jpg file from one's own computer. Makes it a lot easier for those of us who are not set up with one of those image hosting sites.
Jeff
nivek
CPL
CPL

Pic hosting service

Post by nivek »

http://www.tinypic.com

TinyPic dot com is a great place for casual hosting needs.

Have your picture located on hard drive.

Go to the above URL. Follow instructions. There is a search function for finding the picture.
Have your picture hosted and ready to add into the IMG (image) setup.

TinyPic makes the Image

If you need some more assistance, feel free to ask here or PM.

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Jeff in north Texas wrote:So, you do have to have access to an image posting site to use this feature?
It looks like there is no way to simply attach an image directly from our own computer files?
Most forums, using the format this forum is now using, have a way to simply insert a jpg file from one's own computer. Makes it a lot easier for those of us who are not set up with one of those image hosting sites.
Jeff
If the pic is on your computer (or on a removable disk), you can post it without going through a hosting site. Just follow the steps I outlined above.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Jeff in north Texas
PVT
PVT

Post by Jeff in north Texas »

It does not work for me. When I click on "IMG", it enters (/Img) in the message box. A little instruction shows up above the box that shows I have to enter a bunch on url http stuff to attach a photo.
It should have a new small box show up that allows me to search through my computer for any photo I want to attach from any location in my computer. This is not happening.
As an example of what I am talking about, go to Gordon's PWA forum. I can easily attach any photo saved in my computer on that forum.
This forum does not seem to allow that. Or, I am just too dumb to figure this out.
Jeff :lol:

Lifer wrote:
Jeff in north Texas wrote:So, you do have to have access to an image posting site to use this feature?
Jeff
If the pic is on your computer (or on a removable disk), you can post it without going through a hosting site. Just follow the steps I outlined above.
[
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
robi
Site Admin