M37 First Aid Kit

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

overton
PVT
PVT

Slots

Post by overton »

I took a second look - NO SLOTS on the 1963 M37B1 - I guess I will have to use footman loops! Or could avoid all this and just throw some band aids and neosporin in the glove box! Would be a helluva lot cheaper!

Greg
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Bruce - thanks for the great photos and help finding the bumpers. I bought a bag of small pullman loops for the same reason. Painted a set of small bolts and then wondered about the height of drilling holes to attach. I was thinking of aiming high just to make sure that the slack in the strap will kind of sling the kit/sag down and make sure it doesn't rest on the floor board.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Be-Careful

Post by m-37Bruce »

I wouldn't make it too high? I also thread the strap back into the clamp, so it doesn't scratch the door.
I used brass, because I wanted the Bill Wincapaw look, he had all of his nuts/bolts & fasteners cadmium plated.........I am not going that far (heh-heh), but when I see them, I buy them. The brass is to soft, but works for the f/a kit.
If you haven't seen Bill's old 37, there should be a link from my webshots page? :idea:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA