cab to frame spacer?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

06boblee
SFC
SFC

cab to frame spacer?

Post by 06boblee »

What is everyone using for a spacer between the cab and the frame? Mine had what appears to be asbestos pads.
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: cab to frame spacer?

Post by Elwood »

I believe that the originals were a reinforced rubber sheet. If I remember correctly, I purchased replacements from Midwest Military.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Post by hbb »

I have used rubber truck bed floor mat and cut to size using tin snips and hole saw for the bolt holes . The rubber material has fiber in it to keep from pushing apart when compressed. Also can be stacked to get the right thickness.when done it looks like it was made for the application and gives better isolation than the fiber material that was originally used.
You can check the auto salvage yards for a chunk of it.can come in handy for numerous uses.
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!
06boblee
SFC
SFC

Post by 06boblee »

Thanks all, I got a set from Midwest Military- the kit had the cab and bed spacers in it. Good stuff.
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921