Ever Increasing Fuel Costs

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Ever Increasing Fuel Costs

Post by Lifer »

I have come to the conclusion that if gas prices keep going up, and surely they will, we're going to have to stop thinking in terms of "MPG" and start thinking in terms of "MP$." :(
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

You mean you don't already?
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

I am seriously looing at putting a hydrogen "brown gas" kit on my truck with several collectors, not to run it but to make sure I can supplement the petrol to increase my MPG.
Several guys have them here on various vehicles and have measured and recorded good results with diesel engines and poor economy vehicles showing the best results. It only cost a few $ to put one together so I'll have to at least have a play with one, hopefully I won't detonate my truck LOL
Take Care
Best Rergards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

"Brown gas?" Isn't that where you stick one end of a hose up yer arse and jam the other end into the carburettor? Do that after having beans on toast for breakfast, and you'll be good tor 80 mpg for sure! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Well that is one option Chuck but I suspect the noxious fumes from the exhaust would increase, not decrease and a blowback up the carby could be a tad enlightening to say the least LOL
It is a term I have heard for the type of gas produced by hydrogen generators pre-purification so it has all sorts of things in there, the generator I am looking at is a simple 12v device with a pulse width modulator on it to regulate the production and stop the unit going into thermal runaway. I am still not sure of the device until I strap it to the truck and see what the effect is, supposedly lower emissions and better economy - the M37 is a good test bed for this as it has sh** economy to start with :-)
Take Care

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Randy N
PVT
PVT

Post by Randy N »

Hey MM
I was looking on line at browns gas generators and it was interesting. Do you have a site or set of plans you are working from? I would mind experimenting withit myself.
Cheers
Randy