Another fng!!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Pyro joe

Another fng!!

Post by Pyro joe »

Hello everyone. I have been reading information on here for a couple weeks and finally signed up. I am the proud new owner of a '53 m37. I have always thouht it would be neat to have one, and TADA, My wife gave me permission. Hahahaha. I have no experience with these at all other than u-tubing, google, and now g741. I have owned a 46 willies for about 7 years that my dad and i worked on. I bought my m37 this week and i am slotted to pick it up on the 11th. Cannot wait. It is a retired brush truck from michigan. I will have more pictures once its in my hands, so for now this is it. Stock flat head. Pto winch. Comes with the tank and pump still in it. I always wanted a military version but this is the best of both worlds, because i am a career firefighter/paramedic. I will be picking your brains once i get get it, like I said, completely new at this. The jeep was my fathers an mine project. This is mine and my son's truck(he's 10 the day after we go to get it). My father is driving up to meet withus and all three generztions are taking a guys trip on the 11th to go get it. I will post more on it later.
Brakes? Who needs brakes?!
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Another fng!!

Post by RMS »

hi joe.

dose the wife know olive drab fever is contagious and is often a life long diseases ? :mrgreen:

all my nephews learnt to drive in the 37 and I like to think they are safer and more aware drivers because of it.

welcome to the board
cant wait to see some pics
.............................. use it ...............
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Welcome aboard, Joe! Feel free to post your many questions-the search engine up top can also help you out. Glad to have you with us!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Welcome to the site Joe, I know that we are all looking forward to seeing pictures of your M37.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Welcome Pryo joe,
Sounds like a great start for 3 generations and plenty of bonding too. My rig was a brush fire rig as well, here in Central VA. Looking forward to some pictures
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Welcome Pyro Joe. Congrats on the new rig. Mine also was a retired brush truck from Jersey. There is a lot of good folks with info here. Looking forward to pics.
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Looking forward to pictures and details on your adventure, welcome to the fun.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Pyro joe

Post by Pyro joe »

At 0415 on march 11th, I awoke with eyes still heavy from tossing and turning from excitement. It was like waiting for Christmas day as a little child. I showered and woke my 9 y/o son up and told him is was time to get up. We puled out of Lexington, KY and started our journey to MI. We stopped off in Cinci and picked up a buddy, then proceeded on the 6 hour one way trip. At 1230 we pulled up to the station and out fron set my truck, my M. Beautiful! My son and I took it for a test drive down the road and back. We pulled back into the station and signed over the paperwork and exchanged the mulah! Thats it, shes mine. Chief and capt treated us to a nice lunch at a local diner, and swapped department stories. Very nice and socialble folks. It was southern hospitality up north. We returned and loaded M up on the trailer and said are solongs and such. A 7 hour trip home with lots of stares on the interstate was awesome. As soon as we got home, my son and I took the truck for a spin. LOVED IT!!! Now it is under the carport and headed to Lex tomorrow to join in on this years St Paddys Day Parade. I wish i could get the pictures up. Take my word for it......its gorgeous. Not to mention thr FD history thag came with it. Maintainence records and such. The data plates reveqled this........serial 8002828. Contract 12107. Delivery date 05-07-1952. Model 245. Orxinance stock numbed of 6795531 if i can ever get the dadgum pictures to load id bee happy.
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Hi Joe,

Glad to hear that you got to pick up your M37, I know that we all look forward to seeing pictures of the truck. Shoot me a PM or follow this thread on how to post pictures to the site. http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119

Bert
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Pyro joe

Post by Pyro joe »

Finally. Pictures are in. Under William Appleget in gallery.

http://www.g741.org/photogallery/main.p ... emId=15519
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Nice looking truck.

Bert
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Joe,

Nice looking truck..........congrats! I would have posted earlier, but I had to finally break down and Google "fng" to figure out what your title meant. Got it!

regards,
bob
Rich
CPL
CPL

Post by Rich »

Pyrojoe,
Nice truck! It looks well cared for!