Back from Camp Delta (Tower Park)!

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Back from Camp Delta (Tower Park)!

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi gang,
Got home this afternoon after a long drive. The meet was still going fairly strong even though we arrived on Friday. There were the usual contingent of GPWs, M38s, Mules, Weasels, and MUTTs, along with 3 or 4 M37s, and a couple of pieces of armor. M37 parts were scarce-I only scored an early M37 gauge panel with the dash lights included for a whopping $3!! Guess I'll be getting after my favorite vendors for my missing parts. @M60TC-sorry, no tailgates either.

The best part of the trip was the great pleasure meeting Hilde and Andy, "ASHYERS" to all of us forum members! We had a great visit, exchanging information, genuine friendliness, and Andy let me pilot his M37 with the 4.89s for a few miles, with my wife Veronica and our dogs riding in the back (something we hadn't tried in mine)! His M37 runs like a champ-his "pit crew" of shop students did some awesome work on the truck last year. Those 4.89s were really impressive to me, getting down the road with little difficulty! I may need to adjust my "must have" list!

Thanks Hilde and Andy for your kindness and hospitality! Veronica and I are pleased to call you our friends and we'll be sure to synch up in Pleasanton in 2016!
Gary

Oh, better get these in before Bert gets after me :) :
Attachments
M37 with Deuce winch.JPG
M37 with Deuce winch.JPG (31.45 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
parkers to the left-ashyers to the right.JPG
parkers to the left-ashyers to the right.JPG (26.87 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Hilde- err-Andys M37.JPG
Hilde- err-Andys M37.JPG (36.91 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Re: Back from Camp Delta (Tower Park)!

Post by T. Highway »

Outstanding Gary, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
You made good time on your trip! I'm so glad we were able to meet up with you, Veronica, and the hounds, it made our first "long distance" adventure and camping trip with the M37 something special. Plus I have witnesses that the darn thing runs and drives :). It's too bad the parts hunting was a bit thin, but we met a crew of really nice people. The truck seems to be a great conversation starter and I have to say the highlight of the event was talking with the random people who dropped by to look at it and say hello. I spoke with Shop teachers, vets, Dodge enthusiasts, M37ers, drag racers... I'm sorry you missed the Korean vet who dropped by. He was very enthusiastic about the M37 and referred to it as "the Cadillac of Korea" and said that whenever given the opportunity they used it for transport due to its comfortable ride. I'm curious to know if Veronica would agree after the blast down 12! Hilde refers to the treatment as "M37 hair".

Hopefully we will see you before the Pleasanton event, maybe in April :)? I'm going to try and reserve a site this week. Oh, and I have a few photos too.

For those who are curious: 9 MPG, Cruising Speed 55 MPH (on the flats).
Attachments
Yet another use of the M37 :)
Yet another use of the M37 :)
M37 Multitool.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
The M37 at speed heading to the Delta
The M37 at speed heading to the Delta
M37 on 160.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

An M37 on the open highway..........I can hear the whine of the gears just looking at the picture. Thanks for sharing.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

I keep telling myself it sounds like it's turbine powered!
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

We have dubbed mine "The Rollin' Roadblock" and scoot down the road at a whopping 42 mph! (and 10mpg)
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"