Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

M37 A-Frame kit

Post by powerwagontim »

Hi All,
I recently aquired an almost complete M37 A -Frame kit. I have a picture of it as well, but no way to post it. What I have matches the picture perfectly. I am missing the rear stay, (the cable which goes to the rear to hold the frame up) It appears in the picture to simply be a cable from the A-frame to the rear of the truck. The picture shows the canvas top folded back and the stay passing through the top frame on its way to the rear . The picture unfortunately does not show that end of the cable. Anyone know where it anchors, and what the anchor bracket looks like?
Thanks in advance,
Tim
Happiness is enjoying what you already have!
PoW
SSGT
SSGT

Re: M37 A-Frame kit

Post by PoW »

The one I saw used the pintle hook inverted, with the cable passing over a steel plate on the edge of the bed.

DG
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Post by powerwagontim »

That makes sense. Was the tailgate removed?
Thanks,
Tim
Happiness is enjoying what you already have!
PoW
SSGT
SSGT

Post by PoW »

powerwagontim wrote:That makes sense. Was the tailgate removed?
Thanks,
Tim
Yep.

DG
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

I have never seen an A frame kit but there are photos floating around out there that show one set up on a CDN M37. The tailgate is cut out above the pintle to allow the cable to pass through. If anyone has a drawing or TM for the A frame, maybe it could be posted for us to see. I'll try to find the photos referenced and post them or the link.

Jess

Found it. Look for truck 40501 a bit down the page. http://www.ramtank.ca/m37list.htm Thanks to the site owner and the supplier of the photos for making this available.