1951 M For Sale

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

1951 M For Sale

Post by captain kirk »

Thinking about selling my 1951 M37 and thought I would put it here first before EBAY. If your interested there are a couple of pictures on the gallery, if still interested I can send more if you send me your email address. Thinking about $6000.00??
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Re: 1951 M For Sale

Post by captain kirk »

My registry number is 385 if you want to look at my M. I guess I should have put that in the first time, sorry.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Kirk,

I looked in the Gallery under your first and last name, but didn't see an album. So I assume you mean the pics are the 2 pics in the registry. That's a nice looking truck. If the interior and engine bay look as nice as the outside..........$6K is a steal and you might want to re-think your asking price.

I'm just glad you live in Indiana and I live in Maryland. Otherwise I'd be trying to sell my girlfriend's kid to get the money to buy it. :mrgreen:

regards,
bob

PS Honey, if you ever look at this forum.........I'm just kidding. Love ya!
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Post by captain kirk »

Thanks w30bob, The interior is just as good except the side panels covering the door mechanism are missing. The engine compartment is also nice and runs out good. It is basically all original except canvas, seat boards and a couple engine replacement parts. I think im going to list on EBAY and start at $6000.00.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Kirk,

On Ebay do a "Completed Listings" search for "M37" or "Dodge M37" sorted by "Price: highest first" and you'll see what they've been selling for. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :shock:

regards,
bob
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Post by captain kirk »

Will do, and thanks bob.
Tony C
PVT
PVT

Post by Tony C »

SInce I have no idea how to search the forum by registry number I'll take Bobs' word for the condition (I have to trust a man with a Michigan M37 highway marker for an avatar.

Tne M37s on Ebay run the gamut from the sacred to the profane. A highly modified example sold for $30K plus. OK not relevant. A couple of nice looking ones stalled in the $10K range and looked very nice. A couple of incorrect examples stalled in the 7500 to 8000 range.

I paid $8000 for mine. Bought it from a seller after it no saled for about $800 less than the starting bid. Was a USMC vehicle, which is why I bought it. Converted to 12V, nasty looking wiring under the hood. (mostly denastified for the most part.)Needed a top, seat canvas, a couple of gauges and a repaint (to correct USMC color). Had the top bows, straps and cargo compartment canvases along with a spare engine that turns over and has good compression.

I'll have about 10.5K in it when it is finished. Includes transport. Top canvas, paint, materials and a few other trinkets. If I'm lucky I could probably sell it for $9 to 10K.

So why the above paragraph? Just to give an example of an eBay buy. Something else to consider when selling: Shipping to the buyer. You are in luck in that you live in the middle of the country. Sorta. So your market is a little broader. Figure on a two bucks a mile one way for shipping. Buyers will be considering that. Probably have to use uShip or a transporter with a hot shot rig to ship it. Not your problem after the sale, with luck. Weight is around 6K give or take so a lot of the big shippers won't take it or will charge a lot for their services.

From what you say about the vehicle and what Bob says $6k is a little light. I'd start it at $7500 If it doesn't sell it's had a lot of exposure and you will probably get inquiries from ebayers who watched from the sidelines.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Tony,

Here's how you can see the pics of Kirk's truck;

From the forum click on the "Home" tab at the top of the page above the blue "Board Index" box

Then click on "Registry of Trucks"

Then click on "Display Registry"

Go to the top row, all the way over to the right........it will say "Record"....click on that

That sorts the registry by the Record number from lowest to highest.

You can then page thru until you find the number you want. In this case it's on page 26, so just hit the "26" in the row of page numbers at the bottom.

Go down to Record number 385 and then click on the Serial Number (8006674) all the way to the left in that row.

You'll then be looking at Kirks entry and you can click on either of the two pics of the his truck in the upper right hand corner.

Enjoy!

bob
Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tuko »

Or you can click here:

Kirks truck

It would be cool if each member put a link to their truck in the registry in their sig to make it easy for everyone to find eachothers trucks. This post gave me the idea, I added mine. heres a writeup on how to:

http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7435
51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
Tony C
PVT
PVT

Post by Tony C »

Thanks Bob,

I got it. I searched the registry previously but I didn't use the Record function. Duh.

Kirks' vehicle looks very nice. Tires appear new and the paint and markings look very nice. If the cargo compartment canvas is there and the engine compartment and cab are in the same condition, the 24V electricals are complete and working as he says I would think it would sell in the 9-10K range easily. I took delivery of mine last month and as I said earlier I paid a premium for a lifelong Ca. USMC example, knowing I would have to put money into it. I did a fair amount of shopping before I found it and the prices and condition of vehicles for sale are still fresh in my mind.

It may take a while to get top dollar for it as these are still niche market vehicles but a serious buyer who knows what he is looking at will pay a few bucks more for a quality example.

Tony
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Kirk,

Midwest sells those door panels your missing for $15 ea NOS. Just FYI.

regards,
bob
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Post by captain kirk »

Thanks Bob, I do not have the cargo canvas, the tires are still original and dated 1951. It is still 24 volt and everything works but the gas gauge. The paint was done in 1999 along with the canvas. Still thinking if I want to get rid of it?? Thanks for all the info and good words about my M.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Kirk,

Those tires are ORIGINAL??? Wow. I would think they'd be worth a fortune to someone who took the show judging seriously. I don't think I've ever seen 4 good Goodyear or Firestone NDTs from 1951 on a truck. I've seen some that were spare tires, but a complete set in useable condition is a rare bird. I don't know how much they deduct for newer tires at the national meets, but it's good to see there are still some out there. Throw the bead lock clips back on and you'll really throw the judges for a loop.

:mrgreen:

regards,
bob
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Post by captain kirk »

Yes they are still 1951 tires, the truck only shows about 9000 miles on the speedometer and I know it has been garaged for the last 40 years. I only take it out for parades and once in awhile for a car cruise in or show. That's why I`m thinking about selling because she doesn't get used much.
captain kirk
PFC
PFC

Post by captain kirk »

Just put my M37 on EBAY, thanks for all the encouraging comments.
Kirk