LU-4 Winch Part ID

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

rick3216
PVT
PVT

LU-4 Winch Part ID

Post by rick3216 »

I rebuilt my LU-4 winch and had an extra part shown here. I cannot locate this part on the parts diagram. Can anyone help?
Attachments
part2.jpg
part2.jpg (165.35 KiB) Viewed 686 times
part1.jpg
part1.jpg (174.1 KiB) Viewed 686 times
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Re: LU-4 Winch Part ID

Post by xm708 »

http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/lu4winch

The link above may help. The only thing I can think of is it was a spacer to keep dimple plug from going in to far and rubbing on shifter shaft. The only other ring like that in there is on the ends of the main shaft. Are you sure you reinstalled the ones on the end of the main shaft ?

ed
rick3216
PVT
PVT

Post by rick3216 »

I did install the ring on the main shaft. This is too small to fit on the main shaft.

Thanks for your input
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

The exploded parts view shows a couple of spacers. #5 & #33 - Spacer - worm shaft bearing and #48 - Spacer - clutch housing expansion plug.

From the size of it, it could be the worm shaft bearing spacer.... Unfortunately, I have no way of posting the Winch Assembly Exploded View diagram for you. I don't recall that part when I did my winch but if it came out, it should go back. I hate when I have a few parts left over...

Jess

Edit: On Pauls exploded view diagram, it would be JJ for both #5 & #33 or A for #48. I am working from an Canadian Repair Manual, so that may be the reason for the difference in labelling.