Engine Mounts

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Engine Mounts

Post by jimmy_stikx »

Hey, so later next month I plan to start on my engine swap using the Chevy 6.2L Diesel, and was wondering what people with the same engine and BBCs used for engine mounts so I can get them ordered and ready to fab in once I get to the truck?
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Engine Mounts

Post by jim lee »

I thought the 6.2 was a BB Olds block?

-jim lee
jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Post by jimmy_stikx »

Probably the gasser but this is a Diesel out of a Chevy K30 CUCV.
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

What year engine is this 6.2 we're talking about?

-jim lee
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

I think that Juan in Argentina has that diesel in his truck. He's one of the Big E originals and has posted here recently. He would be able to provide some good information on that conversion. Juan used to do a daily drive of 100km or more in his. Hopefully, he will see your post and chime in.

Jess
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

I've used the original chevy engine mounts of the era. They were used from chevelles to trucks, gasser or diesels. It's called clamshell mount.

Under those mounts I've used two custom brackets I've made with steel plate that bolted to the frame rails.

Nice conversion you are doing. I love the sound of the diesel v8 with dual exhausts.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Post by jimmy_stikx »

It's an 84-85. Thanks for the info, I'll order the mounts and see where the K30 frame mounts get me, or I'll fab some up if need be.

The transmission cross member should be interesting as well.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Juan wrote:I've used the original chevy engine mounts of the era. They were used from chevelles to trucks, gasser or diesels. It's called clamshell mount.

Under those mounts I've used two custom brackets I've made with steel plate that bolted to the frame rails.

Nice conversion you are doing. I love the sound of the diesel v8 with dual exhausts.
What Juan did is what I did more or less. Used the original OEM mount and built a mounting plates coming off the frame for the mounts to sit on.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

correct those diesels are an oldsmobile big block, blcok and head configuration. that may help with engine mount choice.