For Sale Take Out Radiator

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
WarrenD
SSGT
SSGT

For Sale Take Out Radiator

Post by WarrenD »

This is the radiator I took out of my 53 M37. The reason was that it had two little weeps and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm not an expert by any means, so I'll just tell you what I know, shouldn't take long!
The first weep is around the drain-cock, not sure if it is at the threads or where the assembly is soldered in. The second weep is in the lower corner, passenger side. Both areas are circled in red on the photos. These two weeps would drop a couple of drops of fluid per day. Just before I took it out, I ran a 70 mile round trip and couldn't see a drop in AF level so these were truly more of an annoyance. When in, the bottom of the radiator was never really hot and flow seemed good. Upon removal, there was some rusty sludge in the bottom that seemed to flush out with water.
That's about what I know. I think it is a good candidate for reconditioning but no warranty on that as I don't know enough to make that call.
The photos are a little weird looking, the old camera gives the fin areas a swirl look that isn't really there.
Local pick up as it's just too heavy to ship and I wouldn't know the first thing as to how to pack it.
I think it's too good to sell for scrap, I hate to see stuff that could be used melted down. I haven't a clue what it is worth, so I'll just say make a fair offer.