Now I have an oil pressure gauge

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

combat32
PVT
PVT

Now I have an oil pressure gauge

Post by combat32 »

My truck is 12 volt but I still want it to look correct, I didn't like the civilian oil pressure gauge that was in it, but was not sure what I could do about it. A good friend of mine gave me the idea to use a Deuce air pressure gauge, well I plumbed it in and I sure like the looks of it over the civilian gauge, may not be 100% accurate but it looks better. Now to figure out what do do about voltage and temp gauge.Image
TOM
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: Now I have an oil pressure gauge

Post by w30bob »

Hi Tom,

Well......you could install a small 12v to 24v converter, which would fix the temp gauge issue......but won't help you much with the voltmeter. For that you want to know what the generator is doing, not the battery......so there may not be an easy answer for that one.

regards,
bob
Black Ops
PFC
PFC

Post by Black Ops »

I believe a CUCV voltmeter is a 12 volt gauge (once you remove the resistor on the back).
1952 m37
1956 R2 Crash Truck
1953 m101
1958 xm389
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

you could use all WW2 Dodge WC 3/4 ton round mechanical and 12 volt gauges. the Command cars and carryalls had a volt meter for 12 volt. the oil and water are mechanical, the fuel gauge was a 6 volt with a voltage reducer on the back for 12 volt trucks..