WANTED Passenger Side Door

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

WANTED Passenger Side Door

Post by k8icu »

I thought I could use my original door but sigh it is to far gone and I don't want to mess with it. So, I'm looking for a good no rust take off passenger side door. I will be going to Edison NJ at the end of July and might be able to swing by and pick it up in the NJ NY PA area if anyone has one in that area or anywhere in OH or MI. Send me a PM. I may have some parts to trade if interested. Thanks, Joe
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: WANTED Passenger Side Door

Post by w30bob »

K8,

Give Memphis Equipment a shout. They had NOS passenger door shells w/window regulator that they used to sell on Ebay. They may still have one or two laying around.

regards,
bob
gravely8199
PVT
PVT

Post by gravely8199 »

Vintage Power Wagons just gave me a price on NOS pass door $495
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi K8,

When I bought mine from Memphis their price was about half of what VPW is asking, and that included shipping. I just don't know if they have any more.

regards,
bob
kimbilly
PVT
PVT

Post by kimbilly »

Im in michigan. Have a door for possible trade. Im looking for a cab canvas or top.
gravely8199
PVT
PVT

Post by gravely8199 »

Memphis equip just got back to me. Hold on to your hat.
$966.48 + $95 shipping!!!!!!
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Gravely,

Wow.......something is amiss there for sure. I don't remember when I bought my last NOS door from them, but I'm thinking it was late last year. I bought a couple from them over the course of a year or two via Ebay, and if I'm remembering correctly they were listed at $195 each with shipping to Maryland about $35. So I'm not sure where they're getting the price they quoted you, vice what they've been selling them for on Ebay for. Even if they realized M37 parts are drying, that doesn't justify that cost. I'm at a loss.

regards,
bob
vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Post by vtdeucedriver »

w30bob wrote:Gravely,

Wow.......something is amiss there for sure. I don't remember when I bought my last NOS door from them, but I'm thinking it was late last year. I bought a couple from them over the course of a year or two via Ebay, and if I'm remembering correctly they were listed at $195 each with shipping to Maryland about $35. So I'm not sure where they're getting the price they quoted you, vice what they've been selling them for on Ebay for. Even if they realized M37 parts are drying, that doesn't justify that cost. I'm at a loss.

regards,
bob

AHH, I miss the good ole days..................................and that was last year :)
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club Army Transportation Association Vietnam

http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com
1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
gravely8199
PVT
PVT

Post by gravely8199 »

Yes, I remember them on ebay and you are right on with the price.what they wanted in february was 195 and 65 to ship. I thought they quoted me wrong so I reconfirmed.outrageous. regardless of the nos supply drying up, that is unjustifiable.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

gravely,

Still hard to believe they'd try to rip you off that bad. If this is the future of the hobby I'd be better off stripping my trucks instead of restoring them, and selling all the parts and the NOS stuff I've got......and then retire early. Someone will chime in and say they're not ripping you off, that it's a supply and demand thing. Ok, there's validity to that for sure, but it's still tough pill to swallow to see a vendor up his price by over 500% in less than a year. What probably happened is he had a bunch of NOS M37 doors around, and his business focus wasn't on M37s, so threw a few on eBay. They sold and he probably started asking around what NOS doors were going for and found out nobody had them. Thus the unobtainium price. He didn't get your money......and he'll no longer be getting mine.

later,
bob
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

kimbilly wrote:Im in michigan. Have a door for possible trade. Im looking for a cab canvas or top.
I'm sorry I have no canvas for mine. Mine came with a hard top from the factory. I might be interested in your door which I would be willing to trade cash for it. I'm going to be in Detroit at the end of September.
Tanner
SGT
SGT

Post by Tanner »

I'd say that the price for doors is 'whatever the market will bear'... supply & demand, folks.

Using the theory that 'these are old parts & were ONLY $100.00 in Year X' is misleading.
By that logic, A complete, 100% percent, perfectly restored M37 can't command more than it cost new, right?
The cost to the U.S Government of a factory new M-37 was $4,079 without winch and $4,487 with winch.

So, sellers asking more than $4500 for a restored truck are crazy, right? :? And decent usable, used complete doors
at $150-$200/each doesn't appear out of line in today's market -

T
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Still looking for a door. I will be in Indianapolis in two weeks and Detroit at the end of September.
kelley
PFC
PFC

Post by kelley »

This one's on E bay, looks pretty nice....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Power-Wag ... 23&vxp=mtr