Update

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Update

Post by Brett »

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been very happy with the functionality of it so far. I even added some chain covers. I used some woven stuff I picked up from a hydraulic hose shop. It set me back $3.

Brett
Rich
CPL
CPL

Post by Rich »

Brett,
Your truck looks good! Perhaps You can bring it to the Southern PowerWagon Rally
in South Carolina April 25-27 2014. Its at Dwight Polatties Farm In Calliston SC. There is info
on the POWERWAGON PAGE.
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Brett »

Well I've had another flurry of progress. I actually had my truck in its first show as well today. I basically used the show as a motivator to get a bunch of work done. A lot of it was in the bed. I sanded all the paint off the inside of the bed and coated it with a couple coats of epoxy, and a urethane topcoat. I also built the stake sides. I used pine 1x3's. I think they look good, and were a fraction of the cost of oak. I just couldn't spend all that money on pretty oak, and then paint it. I also got the spare tire mounted in the bed. I also fabbed up some door panels as mine were riddled with rust holes, and John @ MWM was out of NOS ones. I used that as an opportunity to add a vital Accessory, Cupholders. Oh yeah, and I added Stars and numbers. I went with matte black vinyl that I had cut at a local sign shop. I feel pretty good about what I've gotten done, and I got a bunch of compliments at the show.

Brett
Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tuko »

Looks great, the black really sets it off! What is your power train combo? Radiator looks aftermarket.
51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Brett »

Thanks
I'm running 2004 Chevy 4.8 V8 and 4L80E automatic with the stock t-case and axles

Brett
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

looks trail ready!
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Very cool! Nothing creates initiative like a deadline. :)
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Updated update

Post by Brett »

Well, I guess this will be my last update. A couple of months ago I sold my M37. I had gotten to a point where I was not excited about going further with the build of my truck. So one Sunday morning I threw an ad up on craigslist. Within 3 hours I had cash in my hand ($500 off my asking price), and my truck was pulling out of my drive with the bed full of parts. I never expected it to sell so fast. I really didn't think I would sell it. I was expecting to have a few people look at it and make lowball offers, and I'd get back to work on it. I feel good about it, and I even made money on the truck (even counting my labor). Anyway most of the parts I had went to the new owner, but I still have a few things, and I'm going to start a post on the swap page. I need to get rid of whats left of my parts truck, to make room for my next project. I've picked up '59 ford F600, a 1981 Detroit 6V53T, and a Spicer 3053A. I think its going to be a lot of fun.

Brett
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Brett,
It's been a pleasure having you with us! You understand that you don't have to leave, right? You're always welcome here-hope you let the new owner know about this forum.
Best of luck to you!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

You know what this means don't you? Time to build another truck! :)
M37s are HMMWV in my world!