Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

Wowsers!!!

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

Here's another Ebay auction that I had a hard time believing. But with 51 bidders I'd say this type of thing is going to become commonplace in the future. For all you guys that bought such things when prices were low and stockpiled them in your garage......your financial future looks very bright!! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Heater-Core ... 7675.l2557

regards,
bob
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Re: Wowsers!!!

Post by refit1701 »

I'm surprised it would bring such a sum, considering most M37 owners feel it spoils the lines of the trademark Dodge fenders.
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Apparently Refit.......there are some that seriously disagree with you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards,
bob
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

I agree with Refit. Those things are hideous. If I ever put heat in my truck, it will be a more modern retrofit. If one is concerned about originality, then I could see using one though
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Ditto-that's a stunning winning cost-would have funded much of a winch-kit....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

The same bidder won all four pieces (the seller listed the heater core w/blower, the cover, the adapter, and the diverter as separate auctions), but something tells me that maybe not all of the bids were closed and paid at the listed selling amounts. So perhaps the incredible $1,000+ price on that core isn't a true reflection of where the market is at.

There were 51 bids on that core, but it was basically the "winning" bidder who apparently put in a very large amount early on, and then another bidder who repeatedly bid higher trying to find the first bidder's limit. The number of individual bidders was only five.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Elwood.....good catch. I didn't check the bidder history. So there weren't 51 people bidding, really just two........one who wanted it no matter the cost and another guy with pretty deep pockets.

Still wish I was around to buy some of these NOS a few years back. But as they say.........timing is everything. :D

regards,
bob
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Or....two who are the auction posters friends bidding it up for him and ultimately "winning" it when it didn't go for what he wanted. :shock:
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

refit1701 wrote:Or....two who are the auction posters friends bidding it up for him and ultimately "winning" it when it didn't go for what he wanted. :shock:
Certainly possible, since a second chance offer was issued on at least one of the other items.

The highest bid for the heater core/blower motor assembly by one of the other bidders was $325, which seems more realistic.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

I've got one of those coolant heaters on my truck. It works great and I like the Rube Goldberg look of the thing. It's a great conversation starter too; people ask what it is at a lot at shows. Some day I hope to get one of those old car swamp coolers and paint it to match the truck and see if I can convince anyone that is a early military air conditioning system. Should be good for some laughs. :D

I've still got a bunch of bits and pieces for the heaters. Some M-37 stuff and other vehicles.

I'm looking for the pieces for the fuel fired heaters. I really need the pieces that go under the hood and the wiring and control box if anyone would like to trade or sell them.

52 M-42
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

As far as aesthetics go, I kept the 12v siren the fire department I bought it from had installed. It sounds like and air raid siren, and gets a lot of attention also. I am not worried about that one 12v center tap at the batteries.
rtkjmk
PFC
PFC

Post by rtkjmk »

Is that the heater core for a M37 , sure looks like the heater for a DEUCE ?
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Either it didn't actually sell the first time, or the seller has more than one of these heater/blower assemblies: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331185275293?ss ... 1423.l2649
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

I think RTis right!!.....It does look like a deuce heater and not the M37 heater. When mounted on the fender with the motor facing forward the connections for the water hoses are on the wrong side. It's also missing the two studs on the top to attach to the cover and doesn't have the metal bracket that goes over the electric motor. Looks like a deuce heater to me. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Bob
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

w30bob wrote:I think RTis right!!.....It does look like a deuce heater and not the M37 heater. When mounted on the fender with the motor facing forward the connections for the water hoses are on the wrong side. It's also missing the two studs on the top to attach to the cover and doesn't have the metal bracket that goes over the electric motor. Looks like a deuce heater to me. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Bob
If anyone has a couple of these U shaped brackets (the part in red above) I'm interested in trading for them or buying them (or even borrowing them to make a couple of copies).

Please let me know if you have any extras.

Thanks,

52 M-42