tractor tires

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

sarsmassi
PVT
PVT

tractor tires

Post by sarsmassi »

Hi I been looking for a good deal on tires for my m37 for I dont know how long. I thought about putting some tractor tires on it but im not sure what kind? Ive been told there not made anywhere near the size I need but I have found thats not true. Any help I would be grateful.
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Re: tractor tires

Post by DJ »

Check the speed rating,not sure a tractor tire would be rated for high enough speed.
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

Some V tread tractor tires would look pretty cool. Post some pics if you go this route:) Seriously though, don't do that. Check out the speed rating of any tires you plan on using
gravely8199
PVT
PVT

Post by gravely8199 »

Myself and a fellow I worked with built a Bronco for mud racing. We worked for a large equip dealer and had access to a slew of R4 v-bar tires that mounted on some spare rims. So we mounted em up for a run thru the pit. 3/4 the way through with the speedo showing around 85 the f rt tire let go, taking the fender with it! The tire came off in one piece minus 1 inch of both beads. Live learn. If you never tske it off the dirt a stock m37 would probably live forever with them. But the ride would be miserable!
tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Post by tbone1004 »

those tires are also not DOT legal so you wouldn't be able to run them in a state with any inspections. I don't know what pricing you deem to be "affordable" but you can get quite a few tires that work on these vehicles for sub-$200.
http://simpletire.com/sigma-9.00-16lt-nr50-tires
hwo1990

Post by hwo1990 »

I'd like to second the previous post (Tbone). I spent some time looking for tire options. The best internet prices I can find for 9.00-16 LT tires are from SimpleTire.com. The lowest seems to be the Jetzon Power King Premium Traction that they are listing for $167 plus $100 for shipping (to eastern Massachusetts from wherever they are). I have no experience with this website/company but I may try them as my tires will probably not pass Mass state inspection.
http://simpletire.com/jetzon-9.0016lt-nr50-tires
1954 M37 W/OW "Nellie Belle"
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

What are these "state inspections" you talk about? Out here, if you can start it, you can drive it on the road, assuming you pay the man his fees and takes and insure it.
sarsmassi
PVT
PVT

Post by sarsmassi »

sorry I been working alot..... I never go over 30 35 mph max! So Im really not worried about the speed rating Im only on asphalt 1 percent of the time.
sarsmassi
PVT
PVT

Post by sarsmassi »

Thanx for all the comments I actually found some tubeless 16.5 inch rims that are made for a m37. That would fix all my problems but the guy cant bare to part with them. I have found the stock tires through coker at over 1100 dollars jeez thats over board I dont even spend that putting all terrains all the way around my dually.