winch parts

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

macibell111
CPL
CPL

winch parts

Post by macibell111 »

hey guys ,I found some winch parts on e bay and noticed the prices on these parts are going for a mint,has it been always that way,or did I just get into this hobby a little late in the game? just wondering.my 2 cents only ..jack
Cal_Gary

Re: winch parts

Post by Cal_Gary »

Always pricey, and complete units are rare-I pieced mine together over a couple of years ( the bumperettes were the most difficult to find).
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi macibell,

I find the prices on Ebay for winch parts are almost always high. Not sure why, I guess sellers are always looking for suckers. In general Braden parts seems to cost more than I think they should, but maybe supply and demand is working as it should. I use the prices on Vintage Power Wagons as a guide. I think their prices are high too, but with them at least somene has looked over the part (if it's used) and deemed it a good part. Plus they stand behind what they sell. When I find parts on Ebay or at meets if the parts cost more than what VPW is asking I consider it a rip-off, less than their price I consider it a decent deal. I saw someone on Ebay had the LU4 brass gear for something like $600, while VPW lists is for $375. I just had to laugh. :D

regards,
bob
rtkjmk
PFC
PFC

Post by rtkjmk »

The bumperett's in GOOD CONDITION will be hard to find . VPW had knock off Braden winch assembly's a while ago for a decent price . I would also suggest you make a plan to go to one of the many spring MV swap meets , you may be able to pick up bits and pieces or the whole deal . I got my winch from a VET who had removed it from his M37 . He was restoring his to a Radio Truck he drove in NAM . I got the add from the MVPA SUPPLY LINE magazine and went for a weekend ride with the wife . BTW , I have a set of frame extensions and some other items if you are interested , just PM me , bob k