CDN Manuals

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Jess
SSGT
SSGT

CDN Manuals

Post by Jess »

Today, I picked up a couple of M37 CDN Manuals from a Thrift Store in Campbell River. They were listed on the local Craigs List. One is the somewhat rare CDN Repair Manual and the other appears to be a parts listing. Its date 1961 and has CDN specific stuff listed like the M152 but is missing the first three pages and inside cover. No document number is printed anywhere that I can see. Around 360+ pages. Any one have something similar? I'd love to get the missing pages. Robyn? You have pretty much everything else. Got one of these?

Thanks for any help

Jess
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Re: CDN Manuals

Post by RMS »

I have the same parts manual dated mar 61. you are missing the preface, contents and illustration plate index. and the last page is # 395 looks like your missing most of the numerical index.

what is the date on the repair manual ?

my books are photocopies of photocopies if you would like the missing pages I can send pics or send me a pm with your address and I can mail copies
.............................. use it ...............
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

Thanks Robyn,

I'm back in Victoria again but will get back to you once I confirm what I need to complete the pages. I think the Repair Manual is early 50's and the same as another one I already had. If you need any pages from mine, I was planning to get another copy from the best of the two. How are things progressing for you? I'm still needing a water pump and can't find one locally. Might have the break down and order one from south.
If anyone else is interested in a complete copy of a CDN Repair Manual, I can have an additional one done later in the fall for costs and shipping.

Jess
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

ive been sic with the flue for a week and I want to be 100% before I get back in the spray booth. I just need to make 14 square washers, Finish the tailgate and paint the roof.

you will need to get a pump from the south or send your old pump to Kens automotive in chillowack.

let me know the pages you need
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

I finally got back home to look at what's missing.

The document is Dated Issue 1- Mar 61
I have Pages 4 through 394. Its printed single sided and some pages are sticking from ink transfer so I'm not sure its original or an army repro. Its in a 3 ring binder which is a little on the small side for that many pages, probably why some have gone missing. I tried to follow up on the name and contact I found in the Repair Manual but he's long gone and I have to assume the truck also.
If you have the capability, scans that I can print up would be great. If not, I'll see you some time and make arrangements for a copy. Let me know if another copy of the Repair Manual is of interest to you. I'm going to print another to use in the workshop and could just get two.

The Repair Manual is Issue 1 - Nov 1953, same as the other original copy that I have.

Jess
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

hi jess

those are the same manuals I have. I can photocopy the missing pages and ship them to you. shoot me a pm with a preferred mailing address or if your on the mainland come by and we can talk trucks

Robyn
jjcot
PVT
PVT

Post by jjcot »

Hello Guys,

I'm just buying CDN M37.

Does anybody have these manuals for download or for sale?

Part List CV7
Operators Manual CDN OM 9-840
Maintenance Manuals TM9-840, TM9-1840A, TM9-1840B with Canadian Supplement

Thanks
M37 CDN 1952
M101CDN2
Montreal(Canada)
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

hi jjcot welcome to the board. there was a site offering a DL of the manual in pdf but I cant find the link. I dont have any for sale but if your in my area we can take the manual in and photo copy it. were are you located ?
jjcot
PVT
PVT

Post by jjcot »

Hi Robyn,

I'm based in Montreal...

Can you make copy and I'll send you payment for Canada Post fee.

Bye

Jacques
M37 CDN 1952
M101CDN2
Montreal(Canada)
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

the manual is like 500 pages long @ 10cents a page it would be $50 and if it took 1min per page it would take just over 8hours to copy :shock:

found a link to some manuals http://www.imfmotorpool.com/M37_Manuals.html
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

The manuals were posted on line for download by Militarytrucks.ca located somewhere closer to you. I understand that the site is currently off line but you can ask over on this site, as the owner frequents there. http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php

There are a few M37CDN owners in your area that would help out. I do have them all saved and if you can't arrange to get what you need, I can try to send them to you once I'm back at home in a few weeks. As RMS mentioned, they are pretty large documents to print and ship from way out here. Either way, let us know how you make out, so we know you still are needing these.

Jess
jjcot
PVT
PVT

Post by jjcot »

Ok,

Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to find one in Montréal.
M37 CDN 1952
M101CDN2
Montreal(Canada)