Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: M35 parts compatible with M37

Post by w30bob »

Hey Frozen,

Sorry for not getting back to you.....to be honest everything I've tried so far to break up the PDF into smaller ones hasn't worked. I've got one of my young engineers at work working on.....he's much more computer literate than I am. I haven't forgotten about you........and I'll let you know if we make any progress.

thanks,
bob
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Daniel,

I might be making some progress........turns out "Snag It" seems to work to break out parts of the pdf into smaller pdfs successfully. I've done about 100 pagers of the manual so far......broken into 5 Meg pdfs. I'm not sure what the limit is in size for Outlook, but I'm sure 5 Meg files will go. It's gonna take me some time to do all 500+ pages, but it looks like it will work. I'm not sure about the resolution....but I can send you one of the 100 page pdfs if you want to play with it. Just PM me your email or where want it sent and I'll get it out tomorrow.

regards,
bob
frozenwheat

Post by frozenwheat »

Good evening Bob, I just realized there might be more than one page to a thread... I just sent a PM. WIll get back to you later. Have to go now. Daniel
Joe
CPL
CPL

Post by Joe »

I THINK the standard generator in the M38A1 was 25 amp but mine has an extra large one and I think it and the regulator are the same as the ones in the M37s. (My M38A1 was USMC radio truck with a VERY large AN/MRC-35A radio set.) I was told that some early Deuces used the same 50A generator as the M37s. Was also told that some M38A1 radio jeeps used 100A generator so that was probably the same as that used on M37 radio trucks.

Many mechaincal parts of the blackout lights, taillights and headlights as well as the bulbs are also common on all M35, M37 and M38A1s. I suspect the shackles and such as same on M37 and M38A1. Ditto Pintle hitchs. Oh, Universal Rifle Rack used on all three. Late styple rifle rack was used in Deuce and M37, probably used in M38A1 Jeeps as well but not sure.
jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Post by jimmy_stikx »

Do the seats interchange at all? I can find the M35 (and on) driver's seats but almost nothing for the 37. I'm want to do away with the passenger bench and have center console with a single passenger seat.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Jimmy,

To the best of my knowledge the M37 seats are unique to the M37. I've looked around, especially at the M35 variants and they have different seats. The M38's are not even close. The M43 uses 2 driver's seats in the front with the space in between them left open for access to the back of the truck. There's a bunch of M43 owners on here.....hopefully they'll chime in.

regards,
bob
frozenwheat

Post by frozenwheat »

Good evening Bob, I tried to compare files on an other computer: TM9-2320-361-20P and the two files you sent me for the M37 parts list. While the TM9 is convertible in Word format, and workable, the two M37 files are not. They are more of an image than anything. Is there another source for the M37 parts manual out there, Bob? I'm really sorry for not coming up with better news. And thanks for the other users chiming in. I did not realize the M38A1 might have parts in common with the M37. I will look for an M38A1 parts manual and see what comes out. Daniel
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Daniel,

Hmmm.....I don't know if there is a better source of the ORD. I guess the best source would be an actual printed manual and then have the pages scanned in real-time.....but I only have ORD 9 on CD. I'll keep an eye out for a good original manual and pick it up if it's reasonably priced. As for parts interchangeability, I believe all the M-Series vehicles had some level of parts interchangeability. It might just be easier to start a thread here and have everyone just list what parts they know are common. Just a thought. I know when I go to the swap meets I get most of my M37 parts from the guys selling M38 and M35 stuff who don't know they also fit M37.

regards,
bob