Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m35gibson
PFC
PFC

spring cleaning

Post by m35gibson »

hi all,
well since yesterday was a nice day (a little windy)i decided to get the duece cleaned up, and ready for the spring outings,well for the ones
who saw me and my rig at aberdeen,probably saw my m101 trailer
with the matching commo shelter on it,anyway i still had it attached to the truck, and because it is so well balanced, i figured i could unhook it from
the duece and roll it out of the barn and,
out of the way so i could back the truck out.well, there is a slight downgrade coming out of the barn(i figured this would work to my advantge)WRONG!. as i started to roll
the trailer back,the trailer started picking up speed,im also wearing a new pair of jeans, one of the safety chains slings down, rips though my jeans
hooks me at the bottom,(the trailer is still rolling by the way)drags me out of the barn slings my across the gravel driveway, and the trailer pretty much ended up where i wanted it, (oh, i failed to mention the section of white pickett fence it wiped out, so im sitting here with a heating pad on my back, and a bottle of pain pills by my side.
kevin gibson
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

If you and the trailer are ok it sure would have been great to catch that on film. Might have even won you some money for funniest video. Could have paid for fence and jeans. :lol:
Gerry
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Spring cleaning

Post by Nickathome »

That sure beats anything I have done, knock on wood :D . I did back over my wheel block last week and almost bounced myself out the window. Luckily nothing damaged or broken.

As long as things were only minor, count your self lucky. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt too bad.
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

well,
ive done worse to myself,
the way prices keep going up on diesal, the old duece my be sittin alot this year :cry: plus i still have ten new tires to put on,
kevin
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Glad you're ok M35.... Funny how these things spring up occasionally and remind us to pay attention, or else (like my fully charged engine roar a couple of weeks ago)!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Glad to hear you got through the ordeal somewhat unscathed. A broken fence beats broken bones. Hope you heal up quickly :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".