NOS Turn Signal Box

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

NOS Turn Signal Box

Post by sturmtyger380 »

A friend of mine bought a sealed NOS Signal Stat turn signal unit during the Huntsville MVPA convention.

Now it is my job to install it and get it to work. This unit was in amazing shape due to it being sealed up.

I have installed it cording to the diagram. The problem to me seems to be the flasher module but I am looking for any input I can to help solve the problem

When you have the power on and move the signal stat handle up or down the relays all work like they should. But the turn lights stay on and do not flash. The bulb on the stalk does not light up either and I have checked the bulb.

So does anyone know if the problem would be in the flasher unit or what I think is the resistor?

I took the flasher off and put 24 volts to it and it stayed at a sold 24 volts but I am not sure how to test this flasher unit.

Can anyone help?

Outside:

Inside:

47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
m37mark

Re: NOS Turn Signal Box

Post by m37mark »

Did you get it to work yet? I installed this system in 97 & it did not work per the wire diagram. Once I got it wired correctly this system worked perfectly. I have removed it because of 360 motor with 12 volts, if anyone wants to purchase it. I have correct wire diagram I can dig up if needed, but the notes that I keep in the truck for on trail repairs says: B-pos when brake is on. A-pos from light sw. J E L K are to the signal lights. If this did not help I will dig up diagrams & give you my phone number. I do know for a fact that if the bulb on the end of the signal arm has failed the system will not work. I have way to many of these bulbs if you need one.
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

Looking at that it makes me glad I went for a modern electronic flasher unit! :shock:

Stu
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

Yes I got it to work. It looks scarier than it is. It is all relays except for the flasher unit and the brown resistor unit.

That type of resistor almost never goes bad. The flasher on the other hand is an old style wire unit. The flow of electricity warms a wire that bends and makes contact for the flash impulse and that cools it off making it spring away to get heated up again. When the wire breaks with age it won’t work. I tired 3 different flasher units until I gave up and bought one of these:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/access ... 93129_0_0_

Mark - m37mark, sent you a PM on your unit.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1