Update for you all

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Josh
SFC
SFC

Update for you all

Post by Josh »

Some of you might care, or, maybe not care what IVe been up to... Here is the cliffs notes version:

A month and a half ago someone broke into my garage and stole all my tools. All the tools my dad gave me, my welder, my power tools, all gone. Shock and heartbreak didn't begin to describe it.

Instead of getting mad, I got motivated. Im done with Wisconsin. Im done with Sheboygan.

I Started interviewing, and, got an engineering job back near my parents (45 mins away), doing something that sounds like a lot of fun, making 8% more pay, and, they are going to buy me out of my underwatyer house.

Life couldnt be better now, and, its all thanks to a scumbag robber.

To top it off, I got the big bad M out of storage, and drove it up to my parents. It ran the 175 mile long distance maiden voyage with NO issues, and, get this, the little 4 BT got TWENTY ONE POINT ONE (21.1) Confirmed MPG, at 60 MPH!

:D
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Re: Update for you all

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Dang that sucks! Hope you didn't move to IL, it's no better here! Glad to here the M made the trip in style.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Brett »

Josh,
Sorry to hear about you getting robbed. That really sucks the big one. Glad to hear you are making the best of the situation though. Thanks for checking in with us too, I know I was half way worried you had given up on your m37 out of frustration with the WI govt. By the way, where did you end up?

Brett
Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Wayne64 »

I often don't post in this section but felt I must. Josh, losing your tools is a heart breaker. I'm 65 and still have my first $6 ratchet set I bought in 62. The tools I have are priceless to me and thinking about them walking gives me the chills. I wish I had an answer to where one can live and not worry about hard earned possessions. I'm on lots of forums and it seems no matter how nice an area or state one lives in I hear about similar things. It is a sad state of affairs this country has gotten into. Good luck with your move!
MY Life Past and Present
http://crayonmedia.com/wayne/
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Josh-thieves are everywhere these days. Glad to hear you're recovering and getting back to life.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Josh,
Thanks for checking in, we do care about our brothers here on g741.org. :)
That is heartbreaking about losing your tools to a scumbag burglar. :x Especially the ones that have been with you along time, its not always the wrench but the sentimental value attached.
Congrats on the new job, the move, and the sucessful initial run in the M.
Good luck and keep us in the loop :mrgreen:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

Thanks guys. The part that really pissed me off the most was I had two JH williams superatchets my dad had had since he was younger than me, and they took those. :evil: The welder and the other new stuff could be replaced easiliy enough, but those two ratchets can't be replaced.

I think it'll work out in the end though, I told my old man I'm sorry I lost his ratchets, and his reply was "Thats ok, once you get up here we'll go buy a bunch of shit together." :D

When I got the M out of storage though, I did have a bit of a last laugh. I had a few sets of the nice, laser engraved craftsman sockets. A deepwell metric, a standard metric, and a 6 point SAE, and in the glovebox was a socket from each of the sets, so the little F%&!ER didn't get a complete set of any of my sockets!

May 18th is my final day at Kohler, and I start my new gig at New Page Paper in Escanaba, Mi, on the 21st. They're taking care of all the house related stuff, which is such a huge relief!
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Sad story but at least a happy ending. I am sure your Dad was happy to trade the tools for having you live closer again. Good luck in your new position!!!
Gerry

53 M37