9.00x16 NDT Tires Cost How Much???

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

9.00x16 NDT Tires Cost How Much???

Post by w30bob »

I started looking at tire prices for 9.00x16 NDTs, as I know the truck I'm buying will need them. I was totally unprepared for what they cost! Hard for me to believe a 70 year old tread design tire costs more than a modern Corvette Z06 tire. Unbelievable.

I found an add for a guy selling a set of 5 Denman 9.00x16 NDT mounted on combat rims. He's asking $1375 for the five, but I have no use for the combat rims. I'd like to make him an offer on the tires MINUS the rims, but I don't know what a decent set of 5 combat rims go for. The rims are described as having decent paint (black), with the overall condition being very good with very little pitting. So two questions for you guys;

1. Are Denman tires any good? Are they still in business?

2. How much should I offer him for just the tires. The tires look to be close to new, but were driven on.

thanks,
bob
WarrenD
SSGT
SSGT

Re: 9.00x16 NDT Tires Cost How Much???

Post by WarrenD »

Denman has been gone for several years, minimum. I think given the cost, I'd pass. I have a couple of decent tires on my truck but they are dry rotted from age, not use. Try Wallace Wade in TX (shipping will hurt!) or Universal Tire (same issue). Coker also sells the NDTs. There are only 2 makers these days, Firestone and STA (n/f McCreary). I'm going for the STA's as soon as I can figure out the best way to do it. I'd like to pick up a set at MTA at the end of the month but don't have a way to get them home....
outsider
PFC
PFC

Post by outsider »

Combat rims in good shape can easily fetch $125.00 each or more.

Steve
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

you could get back some of your money by selling the combat rims. but they are an upgrade over the split rims. the original bead lock!. I think 1375 is too high a price for that package IMHO. basically he wants full price. 800 to 1000 would be fair enough. denman tires are good. they went out of business a couple years ago after the financial melt down no bank would loan them money to produce their orders of tires then had to make. they did not have enough cash to keep it going; another american company down the drain because of weeny bankers.
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

DARN. IF I WAS CLOSER, I WOULD BUY THE COMBAT RIMS. BUT I AM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC.
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

I know the feeling Sotven.......

Best Regards - MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

back in 08 i got 4 STA NDTs with flap and tube delivered to my local tire store for 1,111.04 all in. i had to mount them my self. when the boys at the tire shop noticed my split rims. they all said: "compo says we don't have to mount them". :roll: new NDTs are a lot nicer than rolling on 50+ year old tiers. they even stop the truck in the rain. not well but you can get her stopped. mmm nothing like rolling on rubber razor blades :lol:
.............................. use it ...............
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

I just bought 4, 9:00 16s ndt's for my M715 for $1112.00 last month. I got them from Wallace Wade. That price included ,tires, tubes and flaps. A lot of the guys say the ndt's are not a good tire for daily drivers. I have a daily driver ,my MV's are for fun and looks and I like the looks of them.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I, too, got mine from Wallace Wade a few years back-delivered to my local Auto Zone with tubes and flaps for under $750--boy I miss those prices.... :(
Gary

Oh, and DJ is right-nothing like the look of the NDT, even if it's not the best rain tire.
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Tanner
SGT
SGT

Post by Tanner »

I see a number of people talking about the cost of shipping... go to FedEx website & setup a personal account. Three months ago, I bought a pair of STA Superlug tires - mounted with new tubes/flaps - on a pair of M37 blasted & painted rims. Each tire/flap/tube/rim assembly weighed 99 lbs.

Shipping total for the MOUNTED pair of tires from Houston, TX to Raleigh, NC was only $115.00... :D UPS wouldn't ship them & truck freight companies wanted more - FedEx will ship up to 150 lbs. per 'package'.

'Tanner'
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

Monkey Man wrote:I know the feeling Sotven.......
Best Regards - MM :D
HAHAHAHA!!! :lol:
w30bob wrote: I found an add for a guy selling a set of 5 Denman 9.00x16 NDT mounted on combat rims. He's asking $1375
thanks,
bob
PERSONALLY, FOR THIS KIND OF MONEY I WOULD LOOK INTO THE MILITARY MICHELINS. NICE TIRES, AS FAR AS I KNOW SUPERIOR TO THE NDCC IN ALL ASPECTS, AND THEY ARE MILITARY ISSUE ALSO. JUST MY 2 CENTS.
Tanner wrote:I see a number of people talking about the cost of shipping... go to FedEx UPS wouldn't ship them & truck freight companies wanted more - FedEx will ship up to 150 lbs. per 'package'
'Tanner'
IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I THINK THAT UPS IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I HAVE FOUND THAT US POST OFFICE HAS VERY LOW PRICES, BUT THE DOWNSIDE IS THEY HAVE RESTRICTIONS IN SIZE/WEIGHT. I AM NOT SURE IF THEY WOULD SHIP 9X16 TIRES. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT FED EX PRICING.
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Yeah, I have to agree......I've looked at a lot of the other newer tires people are putting on their M37s....but nothing beats the look of military NDTs.

Sorry to sound dumb.....but is Wallace Wade a tire dealer or a person on this forum?

thanks,
bob
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

Wallace Wade is a tire dealer in Texas. 214 688 0091 www.wallacewade.com