Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

98taco3
CPL
CPL

Its naked!

Post by 98taco3 »

:lol: :lol:

Went to go pick up my frame and cab from the sandblaster today and got a few pictures! Got to talking to him and hes going to take on the painting of it as well for a bit more money. I was going to pay someone to do it since I dont have the space or know how to do it correctly and things just fell into place nicely. He is also going to do a bit of body repair that I was not going to do such as that hole in the cowl you can see in the picture. The patch was covered in a bunch of layers of OD so must have been done by the Army at some point so I was just going to put the patch back on but it will be repaired. It will come back home painted and ready for reassembly, cant wait to see it with the new paint!

T. Highway

Re: Its naked!

Post by T. Highway »

Very nice, I can't wait to see more pictures.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

looking good. clean looking cab i cant even see the common pitting along the lower door seal. here on the wet coast i see a lot of rust.
i noticed you have the rear shock mounts still on your truck. have you taken them off ? i have seen rust jacking between the shock mount and the frame. my buddy's truck was so bad by the time we knocked off the scale, less than half of the original frame thickness remained. i noticed that on the backside of the shock mount there is a nice pocket for water and salt to sit. an easy fix with a file.
.............................. use it ...............
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

SMART IDEA TO PAINT IT RIGHT AWAY AFTER SANDBLASTING. EXPOSED IRON IS SO PRONE TO RUST BY MOISTURE IN THE AIR!!! I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN TO FRESHLY SANDBLASTED ITEMS. PLUS YOU ARE DONE WITH THE BULKY ITEMS TOO. NICE WORK :)
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Looks good. Enjoy the rebuild. Thanks for sharing the pics!
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
98taco3
CPL
CPL

Post by 98taco3 »

Im very fortunate to have started with a truck that spent its life after the service down on a ranch near pheonix Arizona. No rust, no stuck bolts, no dings/dents. Cant wait to see it wearing its new paint!
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

i wish i was so fortunate. the truck im currently restoring was siliconed up. every seam and hole was filed with silicone. the previous owner even undid all the rivets on the frame and siliconed all the frame brackets on. every seam with silicone has matching rust jacks :cry:
.............................. use it ...............