Fording cover/breather cover M37

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Fording cover/breather cover M37

Post by vinnytruck »

Hi Guys, Does anyone have an extra FORDING COVER/breathercover for swap or sale...Thanks vinnytruck
vinnytruck
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: Fording cover/breather cover M37

Post by 52 M-42 »

Hi vinnytruck,

I have some but they are take offs. They are fine but not unused NOS. If you can't find anything better let me know, and maybe we can work something out.

Take care,

52 M-42
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

52 M-42 wrote:Hi vinnytruck,

I have some but they are take offs. They are fine but not unused NOS. If you can't find anything better let me know, and maybe we can work something out.

Take care,

52 M-42
Please shoot a price and picture via PM for one of these if Vinnytruck doesn't buy them.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

Vinnytruck here---52M-42 Please advise How do I contact you?
vinnytruck
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Just a tip you should consider.

In the event you intend to put this cover permanently in place; that is as bad idea. You think fuel mileage is bad without 1, you haven't seen anything yet until you choke the air opening to your breather down to the 1 small hole that's in that cover. It will also cause your engine to run rich because of an insufficient air flow volume to the intake. Fording kits were meant to be stowed except when needed; a permanent installation of a fording kit like some do really just is not a smart move.

Now you know the facts, your call.
Last edited by MSeriesRebuild on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

Charles, as usual, is absolutely correct. Not only does the fording set up adversely effect gas milage, but the fording parts are not designed to be a permanent installation. According to the manual, you put them on to ford then remove them after fording operations are complete. I know from experience that the carburator shroud will crack on the bottom (where it mounts under the oil bath airfilter) if left on during routine street operation.

MV's, like a lot of other toys, are sort of like Barbi dolls. They have lots and lots of "accessories" and most of us want to "collect them all". As my wife occasionally reminds me: the difference between a 5 year old and a 60 year old is sometimes just size. When it comes to toys, it's hard to argue with her. :D

I've collected my fair share of "accessories" over the years (fording kit, crane kit, dual wheels, M-42 kit, heaters, radios, blankets, etc). I've used most of these kits once - to see how and if they really work. Mostly I've discovered that they do just that - they really work - me that is. They are generally a fair amount of work to set up, use and then take off and pack back up. If I was still 17 to 19 years old (as I was when I was in the Army) and had 10 to 20 other 17 to 19 year olds to help me it might be more fun.

So, the "accessories" are cool to have. They are even fun to play with occasionally, but you probably don't want to make them a permanently installed fixture on your truck.

Just sayin'

Rant off :roll:
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

Hey Guys, Thank you very much for your info. & comments. VERY INTERESTING... You know I just came to this site and you guys are on the money, it is sure nice to know you have my back. I will take ALL of what everybody says, to make my decision. I now em alittle smarter...Thanks to you all, vinnytruck
vinnytruck