GI Gas Can Nozzle

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

topellis
CPL
CPL

GI Gas Can Nozzle

Post by topellis »

I have been looking for a spout for my GI gas can. I have the screw in kind and all I will say is that it is better than nothing but leaks quite a bit when I use it. No matter what I do the gasket just doesn't seem to do it's job. While on active duty we always had the kind you insert into the gas can opening and press a cam'd leaver that expanded the rubber seal. Always worked but I am having a hard time finding one that looks like its in decent shape.

Thanks for any info.

Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Re: GI Gas Can Nozzle

Post by hbb »

There is a spout that you are looking for on Ebay with about 9hrs to go. it is a little dis colored but would work.
hb
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!
hmvlover
PVT
PVT

Post by hmvlover »

I found a web some time back that has them and for about $10.00 + shipping. But they are restricted from selling to someone in some states because of EPA regulations. But then there is away around this. If you know someone that lives in a unrestricted state you can have it sent there or you can have them to buy it for you and recieve it then they can ship it to you if you are in a restricted state.

http://www.armyuniverse.com/product_inf ... les-p-4420

Later Joe
mike_l
SGT
SGT

Post by mike_l »

I think that may still be the screw on type rather than the military cam-locking type. The worded description states screw on though they picture a GI spout. I have one of the ones they describe, screw on for unleaded fuel and the spout is about half the diameter as the GI version - sounds like what Mark may already have. Mine leaks if I tilt the can up too high. I think the best thing to do is call them and confirm it is screw on or cam-lock. Elsewise, either a vehicle show (Spring is just around the corner) or ebay is the easiest place to find them. I actually found a new one once at a gun show for $10 of all places.
Mike
Marion, IN
1954 M37 W/OW
1953 M101
Indiana MVPA